does anyone know where

pigster

Service barge for Adrian ?........you'll need something bigger :ph34r:

as the title says, been looking for auction houses etc . but no joy as of yet,,,

so anyone know any inside info...

the style with the lift/role up side panal you know what I mean.. 110 would be pref I reckon.

A mate bought his from a farmer oop north who seemed to have a contract with the local electric board to buy everything they had. BT sell their vehicles direct and then punt them out to auction when they get bored I believe, could be worth ringing the electric board or sticking your head into the nearest depot.

alright mate...

not bothered... would like the stationwagon version for a bit more comfort.. why what you got mate?

Cheers people for the info so far, and Les - -not far wrong... :D

Jules - I think a 130 is a little too big for me anyway - plus the street I park on.. :) but if he finds any 110's let us know. 200tdi or 300tdi would be great, as its easy to service etc.. etc.

110 Station wagon or 3 door?? What kind of age/ mileage?

tar muchly...

good site... just the sorta thing I was looking at pretty much... shame they are all td5's .... which boosts the cost up somewhat.

shall tag it and keep an eye on it me thinks.

Try

www.thedefendercentre.com

mike

If you are very careful and know what you are looking for and know what a bodge is then try The Landrover Manat Taunton. Be more careful than a nun in a prison though

G&S drake at Wakefield are worth looking at thats where my 130 came from a very honest guy.

http://www.gsdrake.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=13610&pageid=1

Your comment about them all being TD5's is interesting, There won't be many if any TDi's left on Utility fleets now, most only keep them a maximum of 5 years. If you are looking for a 110 hardtop with roller shutters in the side they are quite common at drakes, brightwells and defender center. If you are looking for 110 commercial station wagon with shutters in the back these are quite rare. The AA used to run some and the occasional one pops up, certainly our local leccy board doesn't run any. The Environment Agency run a lot of them but they didn't really start having them til 03, 04 years and keep them for 100,000 miles or 10 years so it could be quite a wait for one of theirs!

Good Luck

Matt

PS lots of ex EA rovers go through british car auctions at measham

cheers guys..

I shall keep my eyes on the websites....

have a look for a ex-AA 110 commercial station wagon, some of those had roller shutters both sides, other later versions had either a single roller shutter or lift uo panel.

It's a shame your after pre-TD5. I know where there will be a low mileage TD5 130 crew cab with quadtec body coming up for grabs towards the back end of the year. The box has roller shutters on both sides and a full width, top opening rear door. The vendors will be looking at book price for it though.

Whats your budget??

my budget - -not a lot - - currently at 3 and a bit grand at mo,,, but by the time I get round to buying something it will be closer to 5g I would of thought... which is why the 200tdi/ 300tdi is being looked at..

someone must have something older than td5...

It's a shame your after pre-TD5. I know where there will be a low mileage TD5 130 crew cab with quadtec body coming up for grabs towards the back end of the year. The box has roller shutters on both sides and a full width, top opening rear door. The vendors will be looking at book price for it though.

Whats your budget??

my budget - -not a lot - - currently at 3 and a bit grand at mo,,, but by the time I get round to buying something it will be closer to 5g I would of thought... which is why the 200tdi/ 300tdi is being looked at..

someone must have something older than td5...

If you could find a decent standard 110 for the right money, there's a set of roller sides & a roof on the bay for not a lot

Roof & roller shutter sides

Rgds

Brett

As our ever wise Hobbit said above LandRoverMan nearly always have them.

I got mine from them several years ago and I can't fault the service I got from them at the time. When I agreed to buy mine it was filthy and a right state with mismatched wheels etc. When I collected it I was stunned how clean it looked.

Since I have bought mine I have heard several stories of bodges they have done, chequerplate over rusty bulkheads came up a couple of times. I have only heard these stories secondhand though and never met anyone who has had bad dealings with them.

I suppose its common sense really to be very cautious whenever buying a vehicle and get it RAC or AA checked. At least with a Defender its pretty easy to spot a minger.

Will :)

A pic of mine just because I like posting pics of it :)

barna.JPG

I take back what I said above then, I do know someone who has seen it first hand :)

I wouldn't discount them though as they do have a huge stock, are cheap and a dodgey Defender is easy enough to spot.

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody had asked them to chequerplate the bulkhead, everyone seems hell bent on slapping the damn stuff over everything else ;)

Will :)

Guest WALFY

I've been there a few times. They do have a good stock selection. The guys in the workshop at the back down in the yard seem fairly competant.

They do have a big stock of sheds. But if you are after parts then you'll find most bits there. I counted at least a dozen winches on vehicles in this area of the yard.

The Landroverman , Bit of a shifty geezer , a mate rang up about a 94 L reg 90 , went down to have a look and to our suprise nothing in his stock selection had number plates fitted .

Anyway we ended up buying it , when we collected it after a so called full service and check over (steam clean more like ) It was a 93 K reg on the number plate , We questioned this and he denied telling us it was a 94 Lreg when we phoned over a week before .

And why did he need over a week for a business cheque to clear??

Wont be going back there for sure.

If you are very careful and know what you are looking for and know what a bodge is then try The Landrover Manat Taunton. Be more careful than a nun in a prison though

Hi,

I bought a 94 Defender 18 months ago from Landroverman and WOULD NOT recommend him.

Loads of problems - Cylinder head warped at 3 months, hole in crossmember at 6 months, at a year had it checked over by liveridge 4x4 and loads of faults.

Spent a further £3000.

Classic case of buying first one I drove etc.

Would rather be a nun in a prison.

Cheers, Dave