Puzzled by 4x4's?

Just to add my two penneth.

COST is the main problem for me and most.

Like dolly said there are 3 elements you can have two but the third one is restrictive.

So, if you can't narrow down the purpose of the vehicle ie, a people carrier or an off roader first and foremost then the off the shelf items like a 90 or a vitara will do 99% of us. Add a little meddling in and they can be modified cheaply to suit our individual needs.

So, i've sold my 90 pick up cause , there slow and can't carry many people/things safely and securely.

I've bought a Pajero 2.8 td swb which forfills MY needs CHEAPLY!£1500, 2.8 td,centre difflock,rear lsd,32" tyres,elbow room!

As for an indulgent 4x4 for serios play time ie, single seater,road legal,light weight VERY, then a spaceframe vit/sj will do the job,cheapish to do and light.

I love the LR as much as the rest but there are other brands and options available.

PS. still got my 86" v8 mod so don't ban me yet!