Anybody seen these ?

s2hotdog

I am sure these have been noted here before.

I have looked into these along with other ideas for mods, Si R and others helped persuade me maybe not, they have a habit of tramping open / closed up on heavy acceleration off road.

You would only have one side so as to allow the axle to pivot and twist....

However, this particular 'HOS' I wouldn't trust one little jot, the build quality - well....isn't :lol:

Nige

It looks very interesting to me, from an articulation point of view. But I can't understand why they only want one side to pivot. Are they only going to be on trails which need articulation on one side of the truck? I was planning on purchasing these, but I can't seem to get past this one point.

Quoting Sam (Strange Rover) here who's been there and tried that :)

I really frees up the front end (like a three link) but it can be a major PITA in some really tippy situations. I dont know how many times I have crawled forward onto an obstical and then go no its gonna tip and then try to reverse and all that happens is the arm just levers the rig over and I carnt drive anywhere untill someone jumps on the side of my rig

Quoting Sam (Strange Rover) here who's been there and tried that :)

Been there, seen it, done it. Loads of travel, useless in the real world.

And you do only need 1 side done as the hinge essentially frees up what is a torsionally rigid U shape formed by axle and radius arms. If you did both you would have no torsional control of the axle. And that would be interesting.

:unsure:

Been there, seen it, done it. Loads of travel, useless in the real world.

And you do only need 1 side done as the hinge essentially frees up what is a torsionally rigid U shape formed by axle and radius arms. If you did both you would have no torsional control of the axle. And that would be interesting.

Xtreme, if you want this kind of travel for use in the real world then you've really only got 2 choices - get fabricating and heavily modify the front end setup or get out the cheque book and give Safari gaurd or QT a call.

Theres also that company in Oz -Dobbin eng. ithink - doing a modded system ...is it called X Link ?

Very nice design and I would suggest doesn't cause wrap on acceleration or climbs .

Well i suppose thats one way of protecting the diff :ph34r:

Theres also that company in Oz -Dobbin eng. ithink - doing a modded system ...is it called X Link ?

Very nice design and I would suggest doesn't cause wrap on acceleration or climbs .

Ah ha, the X link :D IMHO a very smart solution. Its not as easy to do on a Rover axle because of where the Panhard rod mounts and you're putting a lot of load through the x link so you need to be careful with the design but it seems to offer a very nice solution.

Its the route I'm taking with the front end.