Foot And Mouth

reads90

its 15 miles away from us, if (when?) the inept bunch of government halfwits DEFRA fail to get it right and it spreads then its not looking good for the livestock on 'our' estate :(

kiss goodbye to this years shoot as well - that'll be another two full time guys out of work :(

its 15 miles away from us, if (when?) the inept bunch of government halfwits DEFRA fail to get it right and it spreads then its not looking good for the livestock on 'our' estate :(

kiss goodbye to this years shoot as well - that'll be another two full time guys out of work :(

Yep its looking pretty grim, why is we are the only ones that can see it as well! all these officals on the telly this am saying they will nip it in the bud who they trying to kid?!

I hope for the people closest to to this outbreak that it does get sorted quickly,

My brother in laws farm (where i currently work) is about 8 miles away, as the crow flies.

He has over 350 sheep/200 cows, not only does it affect that but it will affect our contracting work as moving from farm to farm may become a lot more difficult.

I know that i wont be going to work this week....

As a person who grew up in South Africa we had foot and mouth quite a bit. Instead of slaughtering all out livestock and decimating our country side in SA ring vacanation was used to good affect and kept outbreaks under control. Hopefully Defra follow this line as the Dutch did at the last outbreak. They contained their outbreak and did not slaughter all their cattle.

Will have to wait and see, but with DEFRA in charge can't hope too much. As somebody once said DEFRA stands for Doing Everything to Duck up Rural Areas.

So, if the source of the virus is proven to be the Pirbright labs less than 3 miles away can we expect to see a new phrase added to the vocabulary of the media?

Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome....

BIOLOGICAL TERRORISM :ph34r: :ph34r:

Don't forget folks, you heard it hear first :lol:

Grate

loads of crops destroyed due to the floods and rain

now this F&M

And to top it all they will not be able to let 4x4's go playing to make a few extra ££ to make ends meet

another year of not being able to go playing <_<

The strain of foot and mouth is the same as that in the pirbright labs! confirmed earlier so DEFRA could soon offically be the Department for the eradication of the countryside! this flamin government ought to just lob the towel in now!

The strain of foot and mouth is the same as that in the pirbright labs! confirmed earlier so DEFRA could soon offically be the Department for the eradication of the countryside! this flamin government ought to just lob the towel in now!

That bas*ard phoney Blair must be laughing through his socks all the way to the bank!

Gordon Brown must wonder what he has done to receive all this treatment of bombers in London and Glasgow, rain, rain and yet more rain and now F&M. Maybe he doesn't say his prayers before going to bed! Just needs our boys to get a plastering in Iraq or Afganistan for a full house.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of cretins...............................

That bas*ard phoney Blair must be laughing through his socks all the way to the bank!

Gordon Brown must wonder what he has done to receive all this treatment of bombers in London and Glasgow, rain, rain and yet more rain and now F&M. Maybe he doesn't say his prayers before going to bed! Just needs our boys to get a plastering in Iraq or Afganistan for a full house.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of cretins...............................

as much as I hate blair and brown I really hope the last thing on your list doesn't happen!

this government has no shame. when did a minister last resign because of there incompetence? if they cant do a job rather than get demoted they seem to get promoted.

it seems to be the monster raving lunatics all dressed in labour colours

Ok this is getting a bit too political.

Yep but that could well be the reality of the situation, this strain is only normally found in vaccines now its on a farm 3 miles down wind of a Defra/manufactures laboratory! call me synical but thats one hell of a coincidance. DEFRA will be really on the rocks soon they are still in the deep brown stuff up to their necks from the flooding fiasco and now it looks like their lab is at fault of potentially ruining british agriculture and many countryside related businesses.

Guest diesel_jim

We all know what the outcome will be of this....

the DEFRA laborotary will come out squeeky clean, the "other" non government one will be fill of the germs.

don't we just know it?

Ok this is getting a bit too political.

By that I was dropping a very strong hint that this is LR4x4.com, not let's discuss to the enth degree politics, religion, conspiracy theories, little green men, the meaning of life or isn't life in the UK terrible. Internet land is full of sites where debates and arguments on these subjects can take place but this is not one of them.

Best keep this particular forum focussed.