OT: Anyone know about Joomla & gallery scripts?

FridgeFreezer

After a frustrating evening spent installing, playing with and uninstalling gallery scripts, modules, plugins and bridges <_< can anyone offer advice on a decent gallery script to use with Joomla - it doesn't need to be super-fancy, right now anything that works would be welcome!

LR content - it's so I can upload Ladoga pics to the (coming soon) new HOFS website. B)

After a frustrating evening spent installing, playing with and uninstalling gallery scripts, modules, plugins and bridges <_< can anyone offer advice on a decent gallery script to use with Joomla - it doesn't need to be super-fancy, right now anything that works would be welcome!

LR content - it's so I can upload Ladoga pics to the (coming soon) new HOFS website. B)

Joomla is pretty cool for dynamic content - but I would be inclined just to link to an off the shelf gallery (java based) and then if you really feel like it, build a skin to match the rest of your site.

The one I like most at the moment is http://jalbum.net/ which I use on th X-Eng Gallery. It has it's own application for a PC for content management and is pretty easy to use.

A separate app with it's own FTP etc means you can easily palm off the gallery admin to someone else who does not need any web experience.

Si

I've spent quite a lot of time researching this one (we use Joomla for smaller sites at work) - best gallery I've found is Expose. Some of the others have better integrated admin, but they then have rather crude and nasty front ends. Lots of the Joomla galleries are either very basic or just plain broken :(