2007 defender

mines going back next monday ,list so far put steering wheel on straight, 2nd row seats dont fold down, lots of underseal missing, carpet on vertical surface below 2nd row seats coming away not stuck properly,im sure i can find some other stuff anyone else?????

mines going back next monday ,list so far put steering wheel on straight, 2nd row seats dont fold down, lots of underseal missing, carpet on vertical surface below 2nd row seats coming away not stuck properly,im sure i can find some other stuff anyone else?????

as i said before drives 100% better but still build carp as per any other landrover

The steering wheel not being straight is a very common 1; although easily sorted. All new Defenders that I have seen for about the past 2 years from the factory suffer with that problem. No doubt due to the fact that its put on straight at the factory but as the suspension settles down then this would require adjustment.

The rear seats will not fold on a double cab they are rigidly bolted in place, the levers are a left over from the station wagon.

Mark

Mine is going back to have the underseal inspected on Monday and I might mention that you have to be right beside the front doors to get the alarm and CL to respond to the key fob.

Yes, the central locking fob does seem to be very weak. I have to be pretty much next to the car before it will work. Holding the fob up helps a bit.

I haven't checked the underseal and it's now pretty muddy under there. Perhaps I'll just have to take it through the river then have a look!

Just after I got it the nearside rear indicator was out and it looked like the bulb had blown. I opened it up to change and the bulb looked fine. Put it back to test and it was fine. Sigh. Put it all back together and it's been working since.

Underseal is patchy on mine and the rear brake pads still rattle a bit. So far thats the extent of the snag list I can come up with - other than the rear door closing if its not on the right sort of camber but I suspect that just the usual weight of the wheel.

I'm off to France for 2 weeks tomorrow so hopefully it will behave itself. :D

MJ, was that you in the double cab going back into Lancasters at about 4.15pm on Friday as I was leaving?

MJ, was that you in the double cab going back into Lancasters at about 4.15pm on Friday as I was leaving?

Don't think I was driving it at that time; then again I struggle to remember what happened this morning, probably 1 of my collegues.

Mark.

Steering wheel is not straight on mine - I have just got used to it, though could be altered i guess.

Weak alarm / Central locking fob - Yep weak it is.

tiny water leak near throttle pedal uder rainy motorway conditions, no other leaks.

Rear seat release mechanism needed adjustment - Adjusted!

All very minor items. I'm well pleased with mine.