Fuel filler cap doesn't seal

Yes! another problem which I just remembered about, not many left to fix now! (..cue everything else breaking) :blink:

Basically my fuel filler cap doesn't seal so I get a lovely wet patch. I've had a look but can't see any way of fixing it. Are they adjustable or do I need a new one?

Yes! another problem which I just remembered about, not many left to fix now! (..cue everything else breaking) :blink:

Basically my fuel filler cap doesn't seal so I get a lovely wet patch. I've had a look but can't see any way of fixing it. Are they adjustable or do I need a new one?

had the same prob.

There is a rubbish cork gaskety think in the link, not replaceable, in the end I changed mine (see klink in tech forum on fuel cap), as the costs of the LR bits to fix are high anyway

HTH

Nige

PS Welcome to the madhouse.... ;)

I just bought a new filler cap (locking, vented with 2 keys), £9 from BM

hardly going to break the bank <_<

your right, mine was an early (85) one and the bits to fix and convert to a locking cap were frankly horrendous.....

Maybe your rightbhere, niot sure of year >

Nige

PS Mind you ...........

Yoow...mines more bling innit :D

respect :lol:

\had this tried a cheap copy still no good, replaced with a genuine part cured!!

regards

Keith