Been busy - new website & Ladoga 07 photos online

FridgeFreezer

I know it's taken far too long, but after a bit of a revamp the Flying Spanners website is looking a bit more modern, and there are over 200 photos now online for you to look at:

www.flyingspanners.net

All comments appreciated - I'm still getting my head round all this content-management stuff :unsure:

IMG_7347.jpg

Thanks for the link! Not sure I agree with "True Chi cannot be bolted on or bought from a shop". I rather like Sainsbury's Mature Chi myself. Certainly smells better than the stuff I've made myself! :)

Si

Thanks for the link! Not sure I agree with "True Chi cannot be bolted on or bought from a shop". I rather like Sainsbury's Mature Chi myself. Certainly smells better than the stuff I've made myself! :)

Si

whats in the secret members area?

All comments appreciated - I'm still getting my head round all this content-management stuff :unsure:

joomla really helps to create a great site, doesn't it? ;) the template is very nice, too

a few changes i usually do (just because i don't like it, personally):

- turn off the pdf+print+mail buttons

- turn off the "Written by", unless there are several contributors that should receive credit for the article

- turn off the article's creation date and time

- change the "Last Updated" from "Last Updated ( Thursday, 09 August 2007 11:52 )" to "Last Updated: Thursday, 09 August 2007 11:52" (i don't understand why joomla developers insist on using the brackets, but they may have their reasons)

also, for the gallery, there are several components you can use, instead of creating a "wrapper" link. one of the most used is zOOm Media Gallery. it integrates very well, has many options (maybe too many :P), allows visitors to comment the photos and vote in each of them

but the site looks great! good job!