Exmoor Chillout Event

If you've not done the L2B, then I highly recommend you do it at least the once. If you don't like it, then at least you know for yourself, rather than another persons recommendation. It's an annual event, as perhaps Exmoor Beasts will turn out to be, so there's no real loss - just a time delay.

Les.

Guest WALFY
If you've not done the L2B, then I highly recommend you do it at least the once. If you don't like it, then at least you know for yourself, rather than another persons recommendation. It's an annual event, as perhaps Exmoor Beasts will turn out to be, so there's no real loss - just a time delay.

Les.

Les

Not really had much thought of the L2B before. I'd seen it advertised and thought I'd give it a go. But now Wills' thing has turned up I'm torn but favouring a meet down south. Choice between the 2, go to the SE and sit in **** traffic and come back to Wiltshire all in 1 day or go to family in Minehead on the Fri drink some nice ale with mates then Lynton on sat and either camp or back to Minehead for some more nice ale.

I think I'm answering my own question now.

Theres a few coming for the weekend arriving Friday night and leaving Sunday.

I imagined it would kick off from 10.30-11am or so and go on to whenever people drift off. Its usually getting a bit nippy down there from 6ish so that will frighten a few off towards a cozy pub I reckon. I am still gauging response but if theres enough folk coming into Lynton for the evening I will try and lay on some music and a BBQ at my local.

Will :)

I was in Lynmouth last week after James event at Tiverton (Ciderman didnt bring me any cider so I went to look for some) and took the 'train' up the 'cliffs' to lynton where I spotted a red 110 parked next to a disco with a snorkle outside a cake shop, the 110 has a CRAG sticker. Was this the Exmoor Beast?.

You forgot to mention the walk beside the river up to Watersmeet (big old Pine tree they took down there). That river would make a fantastic drive, I spent ages gazing over the side and all I could see was my white 90 driving the river. What do you think, would the locals let us free for a day in the river - no - I didnt really think so.

What about rock crawling on the beech, you get a big enough snorkle you might make Weston super mud before nightfall.

Like you say, Lynmouth is the perfect place to chill.

Treebloke, yeah that was me, it was me waving and flashing the Discovery lights as you drove North on the A399 as well.

My mate is the Warden on the Watersmeet Estate so he gates to play all over there with a TD5 110. He let us take the LRW boys up to Foreland Point for the LRW photoshoot but a winch challnge in the valley might be pushing it ;)

Will.

PS.You know where to find me to come and buy me a pint next time.

As far as L2B goes - if you are torn between the two I would suggest that L2B will be there next year and probably many years after so why not try this new event. That way it too might become an annual event (hopefully not on the same day as L2B though :lol: ).

If you've done L2B before you can do it again next year. Without our support, the ECO may not happen at all, let alone again next year.

Just my 2p.

PS.You know where to find me to come and buy me a pint next time.

Well that just might be the 29th, my Mrs likes it down there (and so doI) its certainly more laid back than Wolves, Brum and the Black Country. Did'nt have one road rage all the time we were there, get one a day up here.