Its broken after two weeks

well that it its broken after two weeks i would have lived with the alarm but they fixed it :D

but today the heap of junk 2007 defender that cost me lots. is broken all day the abs and tc lights came on i stopped and turned off .which then reset the ecu but 10 mins later they are back up

so i tryed out the abs with the warning light on 50 mph and bang the brakes to the floor left more rubber that durex have two great big black lines no abs

would you by a a car that the abs won't work ?

off to ashford kent at 6am for a land rover driving day in the range rover sport TDV8 then winsor friday morning so can't take it in will ring them and see what they say

DANIEL wish he had kept his TD5

I think I read about someone else having ABS & ETC problems on their 2007. I would have thought you had to disconnect the battery for a length of time to reset the ECU rather than just turning the ignition off?

I wouldn't go so far as call it a heap of junk yet. I've had mine two weeks and I'm still treating it with care ;)

Ive had mine just over 2 weeks gettin backlash clunks already????

yep my ones clumping like a 30 k TD5 i have 1100 miles in two week and its taking a lot of care not to clump the gear box

and the anti stall :angry: weres that. get a worng gear and you have 6 of them and its banging away. whats with six two fifth seems to like third instead

sorry its just the abs is a safety bit that cost a lot it should work

dan Mildly miffed

You said you wore out your TD5, none of this is down to driving style is it? ;)

yep maybe it gets a hard life lots of slow traffic and motorways but not gone over 3000 revs in any gear apart from 6 gear motorway

one l200 four life 02 plate 47000 miles not broken in 18 months me driving sold on after that

one l200 warrior 54 plate 38000 miles not broken in 24 month me driving sold on after that

we have a 14 month new shape l200 warrior auto with 31000 not broken at all not me driving

and a honda civic 07 plate gt type s which is four months old with 11000 miles not broken not me driving

i am the transport manager for my company and love landrovers but i can live me bad driving but how did i break the abs tc in two weeks

dan

yep maybe it gets a hard life lots of slow traffic and motorways but not gone over 3000 revs in any gear apart from 6 gear motorway

one l200 four life 02 plate 47000 miles not broken in 18 months me driving sold on after that

one l200 warrior 54 plate 38000 miles not broken in 24 month me driving sold on after that

we have a 14 month new shape l200 warrior auto with 31000 not broken at all not me driving

and a honda civic 07 plate gt type s which is four months old with 11000 miles not broken not me driving

i am the transport manager for my company and love landrovers but i can live me bad driving but how did i break the abs tc in two weeks

dan

Ok, just kidding. Like I say I've read about the ABS ETC issue somewhere.

As I have always said, fitting electricity to a vehicle that leaks is a bad idea :lol:

Commiserations, and another tick on my "did the right thing" sheet...

Defender ABS systems always have and probably always will be a liability.

I've had cars break on me at 7 miles on the speedo.

When I worked delivering lease cars, at least once a month I would have to call at a garage when delivering a car to have it repaired so I could continue to the customer.

Sometimes I didn't get from the garage where I collected them from to my house. Six miles ........

Fords were the worst...

mike

Yep, tis mine with the ABS/Tracs Light on !!

Came one once when about 500 miles,when out when restarted,, then again at about 1300 miles, (2 mins away from supplying dealer took it straight to them, and left it running, they were not bothered to look at the time !!) Booked in, and they cleaned up a sensor, (so they say) then came on again, first time i use it afterwards, Due back in to them on Monday, to sort, (with a loaner, and not the poxy Bm i had last time either !!) alone with lack of wax !!, damaged rear seat trim etc,

Just been offered a 05 110 G4 TD5, tempting !!

As I have always said, fitting electricity to a vehicle that leaks is a bad idea :lol:

Commiserations, and another tick on my "did the right thing" sheet...

Defender ABS systems always have and probably always will be a liability.

In defence, with all the rain, not had one leaked, as yet !!, and never had a abs fault light on any of the umpteen previous Defenders,,

Discovery and Range Rover ,,yes, but never defender, must now be using a more :lol: advanced system :unsure:

our two at work have had no problems ABD/TC wise to date, had them for 2k miles and they spend alot of time off road.

we do have a problem with the 110 where someone drove into the back of it!

they dont leak either! well the rear XS windows do but they dont leak water into the front footwells at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I don't want to tempt fate but I've had no leaks or ABS sensor problems.

Just got back from a couple of weeks in France - no overheating on the autoroute from the gearbox tunnel at a steady 100 km/h and a very comfy journey. It did develop a judder under braking from speed though once I'd landed on French soil which seemed like warped disks............

Stopped in the Nantes Land Rover dealer after the nice lady on the Landrover recovery line had phoned them for me and they agreed - warped disks.

Now done 5,500 miles and I'm still pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new TD5 last year and according to the build sheet it was made in Sept. 2005. It appears to be a good one.

There have been a couple of faults, the main one being with the ECU but after a lot of faffing it turned out that somebody had altered the wastegate setting to try and get more performance, resulting in the ECU cutting the power all the time. (the vehicle had been used by somebody at the dealer for a few weeks before sale)

When I buy a vehicle I always wait until I have done 1000 miles before taking it back as some faults seem to clear themselves...on the Defender the sticking rear door lock and obstructive gear change being the main ones that sorted themselves out.

Overall I have no complaints.