Electric windows

I dont requier a great deal of comfort in the truck, but i must say, one i would like would be electric windows. I assume it is just a case of getting electric window regulators for a defender TD5, or could i just fit the motors onto the the current ones.

also dose any one know where i could get such things and for how much, have been looking on eblager for a while and have never seen any come up for a defender TD5

what can i say, im lazy :D

I dont requier a great deal of comfort in the truck, but i must say, one i would like would be electric windows. I assume it is just a case of getting electric window regulators for a defender TD5, or could i just fit the motors onto the the current ones.

also dose any one know where i could get such things and for how much, have been looking on eblager for a while and have never seen any come up for a defender TD5

Unfortunately that would not work as I believe the Inner Door frame of the TD5 Defender is totally different from the earlier Defenders so you would probably have to get a set of Later Doors to get this to work.

Lyndon

window regulator for electric & non-electric windows have different part numbers.

LH front elect windows CUH000090 & non elect version CUH000110

RH front elect windows CUH000080 & non elect version CUH000100

yours is most likely the non-elect version numbers.

I was also thinking of this comfort!!

I have seen a universal window kit on "Fleabay" anf they say it will fit a defender!!!

But i have a 200tdi 1991 I dont know whether yours is different

Maybe someone on here has had/used this item on "Fleabay" and could give us both some info

good luck in your search! if I find any more info I will let you know, can you please do the same?

cheers

steve

ps try this link if they will let me display it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electric-Window-Conv...1QQcmdZViewItem

If you can wait a while Im going to be fitting electric windows and central locking and taking photos of each stage.

I will also be putting together a kit for Defender owners so that they can fit just the front, or both front and back (110 owners), and the kits will come complete with all switches, relays and wiring that you need to add that extra comfort to your Defender.

My kids cannot operate the window winders, they are too far down (winders that is) for the kids little arms to wind, and the rear ones are too stiff for the smalls to operate.

Watch this space... (should be ordering parts in the next week or so)...

guys,

got price from landrover parts dep for a RH window regulator £114. will look at the eblag link tonight. Would also like central locking. i know some guys have fitted the kit from maplins but think this is just central locking on a key turn, i would preffer the option of a remote fob also. all this is on my list to do so will defo wait for your step-by-step Nick.

if i have any updateds bing will let you know, but will probably wait to see how nic gets on.

hasta :D

got price from landrover parts dep for a RH window regulator £114.

I checked with Autopost and they sent the following email:

Dear Mr.Watts,

Thanks for your e mail, we are pleased to quote you a price of:

> LH front elect windows regulator CUH000090 - 76.00

> RH front elect windows regulator CUH000080 - 76.00

Carriage - 9.69

Regards,

Paolo

Probably +VAT

Chris