Simex ET

My front ET s have developed noticable heel and toe wear over the past few months involving mainly short journeys of around 8 km's each way to and from work, so the tyres barely have time to work out the overnight flat spots.The noise they now make on longer trips is headache inducing and I was wondering if anyone has tried mounting them back to front for a short period in an attempt to clean them up?

Bill.

My front ET s have developed noticable heel and toe wear over the past few months involving mainly short journeys of around 8 km's each way to and from work, so the tyres barely have time to work out the overnight flat spots.The noise they now make on longer trips is headache inducing and I was wondering if anyone has tried mounting them back to front for a short period in an attempt to clean them up?

Bill.

how come its the short trips causing problems? just asking, as I have just fitted jt's and do short trips to work as well!

how come its the short trips causing problems? just asking, as I have just fitted jt's and do short trips to work as well!

This is my second pair of ET's. It's a personal preference of mine to run Q78 TSL's on the rear and Simex ET's on the front.

The first pair stayed clean from new to bald because I used to travel around 40 km's each way to and from work, the tyres would work out their flatspots and then run true for the remaining 35 odd k's. Now that I live much closer to work the tyres are almost always cold and ''square'' which IMO is the reason why this pair have developed heel and toe wear.

Years ago when I ran Silverstone MT117's I tried cleaning them up by mounting them back to front and it felt like driving around with chocks in front of the wheels.

Bill.