Viscous fans...

Guest diesel_jim
Alright chaps...

Just a quicky - will a 300 TDi viscous fan fit an LR V8?

It is actually quite disturbing how well my disco copes with 40+ temperatures and traffic without a fan - unlike a v8 with a dodgy one :D

they will physically fit, as i swapped mine over when i ran both types of engine (when i had some money.... no morgage then!)

but apparently they're set up differently with temparatures and stuff (like when they start/stop spinning) but mine worked fine.

i suspect if you were working on the limits of the engine (dragging a house across the mojabe desert or summat equally as daft) then it might be a problem.

if you compare the two fans (Well, mine were anyway) the Tdi one had less number of fins, but they were longer (and the viscous bit was smaller diameter IIRC)

mine was fine for laning and buzzing around though (Tdi engine w/ V8 fan)

Alright chaps...

Just a quicky - will a 300 TDi viscous fan fit an LR V8?

It is actually quite disturbing how well my disco copes with 40+ temperatures and traffic without a fan - unlike a v8 with a dodgy one :D

depends on what V8, later serpentine engines it will definitely not as they have a much bigger (36mm spanner size) nut on the coupling

I think the 200Tdi and early 3.5 V8s are the same, not sure about 300Tdi though

depends on what V8, later serpentine engines it will definitely not as they have a much bigger (36mm spanner size) nut on the coupling

True, I know this since I've got a brand new V8 Fan which did not fit my 300TDI. It is therefore your lucky day as I am offering the fan for sale. Pm me if youre interested.

Daan

I think the 200Tdi and early 3.5 V8s are the same, not sure about 300Tdi though

Yep agree,

DirtyDiesel used to pilfer mine to Run on his 300tdi.

The front cover of my engine is circa 1989.