Rally Raid/Desert racing

Fruit_uk

Would there be any interest in a meeting/gathering of people who taken part in Rally Raid type events or are interested in taking the plunge.

I would like to think that the likes of Bowler and Rally Raid UK would

be interested in showing their cars and perhaps giving a presentation

plus others who have taken the privateer route into the sand could

share their experiences and perhaps ease the passage for others to

come.

As well as exchanging information it might be a pleasant thing to do

to put some faces to the names on the site.

Depending on numbers I could probably offer a venue for a meeting later in the year.

Interested?

Fruit

PS the navigator seat is still available for the El Chott

Would there be any interest in a meeting/gathering of people who taken part in Rally Raid type events or are interested in taking the plunge.

I would like to think that the likes of Bowler and Rally Raid UK would

be interested in showing their cars and perhaps giving a presentation

plus others who have taken the privateer route into the sand could

share their experiences and perhaps ease the passage for others to

come.

As well as exchanging information it might be a pleasant thing to do

to put some faces to the names on the site.

Depending on numbers I could probably offer a venue for a meeting later in the year.

Interested?

Fruit

PS the navigator seat is still available for the El Chott

Hi Fruit.

We are coming over for the same purpose, see some race and some car builders, it is a short notice so I doubt that a lager event can be arranged but it could be exactly what we where looking for, we are going to see North for the D-lander, Bowler and The Tom Cat people, we are looking for something build on a std or slightly modifyed chassis otherwise we wont get it on the road in DK and that we have to as our events are like a normal rally with transport legs on public roads and then timed SS in quarrys woods and farmingland, so it has to be 100% road legal with all the mods written in the vehichles papers.

By the does anybody with a D-lander live within reasonable distance off the venue??

Kind regards

Ole.

I'd agree with Steve, Ole - unless you are keen to stay Land Rover - Milner's machines are lovely bits of kit and very well built.

It sounds like your events are much like our Hillrally events in the UK, which are the events that I do. I'd love to find out more about your events they sound fun!

If you are coming to the Baja, say Hi - you can't miss us we are in the Discovery disguised as a cow!

H

I'd agree with Steve, Ole - unless you are keen to stay Land Rover - Milner's machines are lovely bits of kit and very well built.

It sounds like your events are much like our Hillrally events in the UK, which are the events that I do. I'd love to find out more about your events they sound fun!

If you are coming to the Baja, say Hi - you can't miss us we are in the Discovery disguised as a cow!

H

'

Hi Henry.

Yes we are inded coming to BAJA we are flying over to Standstead wensday night and then we are going "places off interest to Race nutters" on thursday and during friday we will turn up, would like to pop buy and say hello.

By the way our original plan was to bring a tent wil there be a camp site near by or are we better off finding a smal hotel.

Kind regards

Ole.

By the way our original plan was to bring a tent wil there be a camp site near by or are we better off finding a smal hotel.

Either should be possible - should be easy enough to camp either at Builth Wells or up on Sweet Lamb. Builth Wells and Rhayader both have a number of hotels and guest houses.

Drop a line to the organisers - I am sure they will be only too keen to help.

If not I'll PM you my number in case you have any problems.

We should be there from Thursday night with any luck.

H

Either should be possible - should be easy enough to camp either at Builth Wells or up on Sweet Lamb.

If you're camping up at Sweetlamb don't fogrt to take a battery hammer drill, that what some who where camping last weekend used to put their tent pegs in :lol: Or you could walk 100 yards and look for a flat spt on the hills.