Dilema

MUDDY DOUGLAS

I am in the same dilema, as my poor old disco 1 is rusting away and will soon need a clutch etc etc.

My thinking is to save up for a late 300 tdi on a P or R plate. There are many rust free examples around and I reckon they are better VFM than a Defener.

I might even SORN my existing disco and break it for parts for the new one...

A Defender will be no cheaper to run than a Disco, but you might have a very unreliable Disco thats costing you a bomb on repairs.

If you bought a Def you just might be buying a new bag of problems.

A lot of LR owners go through the same thing. What seperates the men from the boys is, if your LR is costing you a fortune you can get rid of it, and buy a little Corsa or similar eurobox or stick with what you have and fix it (or buy another and keep on top of it)

My own Disco used to give me tons of cr@p, i have spent over £10k on it and its only worth £1500 at best. madness you say, maybe so but now i have a truck that plays in the mud most weekends and takes me to work & back during the week.

stick with it, it will be worth it in the end.

Regards

wizard

A Defender will be no cheaper to run than a Disco, but you might have a very unreliable Disco thats costing you a bomb on repairs.

If you bought a Def you just might be buying a new bag of problems.

A lot of LR owners go through the same thing. What seperates the men from the boys is, if your LR is costing you a fortune you can get rid of it, and buy a little Corsa or similar eurobox or stick with what you have and fix it (or buy another and keep on top of it)

My own Disco used to give me tons of cr@p, i have spent over £10k on it and its only worth £1500 at best. madness you say, maybe so but now i have a truck that plays in the mud most weekends and takes me to work & back during the week.

stick with it, it will be worth it in the end.

Regards

wizard

couldn`t agree more with you wizard,

you need to stick at it.

if you want the defender to off road the why not consider shortening the disco and then you have the best of both worlds, comfort and off road capability. my disco is rusting away at the back as they all do, new boot floor required so its going to get the chop treatment as i enjoy the comfort when playing in it.

Russ