AWDC Round 5 - The Aftermath

najw

Am I the first person home? Probably not.

Brilliant day, the weather added an unexpected twist and the mix of terrain caught some people out :ph34r:

Thanks to all the marshals for their invaluable help, especially the NCGL troops and of course the Surrey mafia :huh:

Results now posted

HERE

Interesting reading :D

but at least I am now dry and warm with a decent meal inside me...

bed time me thinks now...

well done to people who kept their machine working all day... Adrians motor wanted to still be on its hols instead of working. ruddy thing.

Dave can we have the v8 back please mate... :lol:

Brilliant day, the weather added an unexpected twist and the mix of terrain caught some people out :ph34r:

Thanks to all the marshals for their invaluable help, especially the NCGL troops and of course the Surrey mafia :huh:

Results now posted

HERE

Interesting reading :D

Another quality event. Had an an excellent day, a big thanks to all the organisers and marshalls.

The end result was a little disappointing for us but considering my co-driver was greener than Kermit the frog it could have been alot worse. No obvious damage to record except for a snapped rope. A crawl underneath after the jet wash this week might tell a different story :ph34r: Still waiting for the engine to give up the ghost as there's definately a cooling problem somewhere.

Hope to make to Walters but it depends on Kermit's availability :lol:

Another super event thanks to Neil and all the marshalls

very pleased with the 4th place result Toms first time with me even learnt him how to swim :D

will see everyone at walters as long as we make it back from the TAY the weekend before :o

I'm from Hampshire I'll have you know. :rolleyes:

Great day, apart from the miserable start. But at least it gave you all something to think about!

Edit: Does anyone know what happened to the Bolts? I assume they must have broken something?

Great day, apart from the miserable start. But at least it gave you all something to think about!

Edit: Does anyone know what happened to the Bolts? I assume they must have broken something?

We had a fantastic day, the weather made it even more interesting :blink: Beadlocks and 7psi iroks were amazing on the Rocks, its our best score yet so im happy :D

We had a fantastic day, the weather made it even more interesting :blink: Beadlocks and 7psi iroks were amazing on the Rocks, its our best score yet so im happy :D

Had a great weekend marshalling and got some good piccies. Judging by this one you guys enjoyed your selves too!

post-3699-1186996730_thumb.jpg

Glaggs,

What a belting photo of Glynn and Barry (the Donk),

I did a days marshalling and enjoyed it watching the different styles and approaches to punches, it was very educating, although I had planned to watch carefully (the legend) Adrian Turner (payback time Turner) but was dissapointed after hearing he hardly got of the carpark, and it was great to see my son Tom bitching for Saley, the finished product after sixteen years of careful grooming coming good, but not coming clean and stinking the Nisssan out for an hour on the way home after Saleys instant swimming lessons, in size 11 steel toe cap boots, the wife sents her thanks for the washing.

Great comp, well done everbody, and well done Alans team.

Boothy

You all look the same to me :lol: :lol:

I think the Bolt's sheared a tapered ball joint and didn't have a spare

We had a great weekend marshalling.

Here's a few of our photos

cowm041.jpg

What did you break then Adrian? thats not fun loading up an hour after the start

cheers

Steveb

We went in the pond, got half way, ok....backed up...... water( bl**dy cold) now up to top of cubby box! plumb's are now wet!!! :angry: 2nd, floor it, moving forward...... then motor stopped, winch'd out............. crank over motor, Sh!t, No fuel pump!( Lee & Mark come over..... :rolleyes: oh great! i'm not going to hear the last of this) checked all elec's! nothing..... get towed back to car park (thanks Ian).......look at all wiring nothing <_< pump start's up on its own! cool! let it pressure up/start car.........it run's :rolleyes: ( Divster come's pass, raining himself, me and my big mouth!)....... no throttle pedal, ar$e :angry: then no fuel pump again............ totaly pi$$ed of, load up time to go home :angry:

On our way home time to think about the rest of the series.....is it worth doing etc????? lot's of towing in the next 2 month's etc...........can i be bothered etc!................ yes we will be doing all the rest of the series and i'll be giving it my 110% as normal and giving you all as much stick as alway's! :lol:

Well done Alan, about bl**dy time!...... plus a good result for Mr Ould, overal, top of the tree now, just got to stay there!

See you all at 7/sister's........... don't forget your torch's now!

we had great weekend thanks to neil and his team

it was a real eye opener for us as we had not been to this site before and it

was a steep learning curve (attemped punch 1 around 10.30,ground anchor

came loose sending me backwards onto large pointy rock resulting in one rather

bent trailing arm :rolleyes:)

apart from that it was a good event

sorry adrian for trying to remove your front bumper wile towing you to car park

(no excuses,just carp driving :unsure: ),also do you still have my wd40 can? :ph34r:

Adrian,

Not so sure about Slindon it's a hell of a way to go but I should be going to next Clubman at Little Whitley and we'll see from then on what the agenda is, if all goes well and to plan hopefully, I will do all the extreme events next year. Yesterday was the first extreme I've seen and was interesting to view but I'm more than prepared to have a go now and found it very frustrating to watch, if I get more than two punches it's a result, and believe you me I've had more than a couple of punches over the years, and most of em were justified.

Hard luck for yesterday, what i was doing is noting how differently diffent drivers go at things and especially the old ex-trials drivers weigh things up, but again dead hard watching.

Watching that water yesterday and thinking of my V8 and how she'll cope as well gives me a lot of new thinking material, plus the lasting thought of Donk stood there in only his boxer shorts washing off worries me to!

You must have taken that one early in the day :ph34r::ph34r::lol::lol:

As my score show's we only got 4......... but all in the first hour!!! :angry::lol:

Twiggy mate! i know what you mean about watching, it's very hard when you've got you own motor at home ready to go! still, be great to have you out there with us next year, so long as there's no blindfold driving ;);):lol: I'll keep that to myself................

We went in the pond, got half way, ok....backed up...... water( bl**dy cold) now up to top of cubby box! plumb's are now wet!!! :angry: 2nd, floor it, moving forward...... then motor stopped, winch'd out............. crank over motor, Sh!t, No fuel pump!( Lee & Mark come over..... :rolleyes: oh great! i'm not going to hear the last of this) checked all elec's! nothing..... get towed back to car park (thanks Ian).......look at all wiring nothing <_< pump start's up on its own! cool! let it pressure up/start car.........it run's :rolleyes: ( Divster come's pass, raining himself, me and my big mouth!)....... no throttle pedal, ar$e :angry: then no fuel pump again............ totaly pi$$ed of, load up time to go home :angry:

On our way home time to think about the rest of the series.....is it worth doing etc????? lot's of towing in the next 2 month's etc...........can i be bothered etc!................ yes we will be doing all the rest of the series and i'll be giving it my 110% as normal and giving you all as much stick as alway's! :lol:

Well done Alan, about bl**dy time!...... plus a good result for Mr Ould, overal, top of the tree now, just got to stay there!

See you all at 7/sister's........... don't forget your torch's now!

Sounds like you could have done with having the ECU and engine bay fuse box higher up, say in the roof maybe? :)

Twiggy mate! i know what you mean about watching, it's very hard when you've got you own motor at home ready to go! still, be great to have you out there with us next year, so long as there's no blindfold driving ;);):lol: I'll keep that to myself................

I will tell all

My co driver this weekend was Twiggy's son Tom Booth and very good he was to

but this is what happened 2 weeks ago at Biggin, Twiggy and tom drive Twiggy's motor

tom's beating Twiggy as usual then it's a blindfolded trial section so Twiggy goes first with Tom directing

Tom direct's Father Twiggy perfect and gets a clear, then its Toms turn in the driving seat Father Twiggy directing

Lined up straight through 10 left /rigth 9 right a bit 8 then go on straight forward son straight over 7

Twiggy wins :ph34r:

coat hat and running :lol::lol: