AWDC Round 5 - The Aftermath

najw

I shall own up - - It was me... I killed Adrians motor, I couldn't be bothered to run around for him all day long in that lovely weather we had. So I took the initiative and killed it after he stalled it for the 4th time that day already.. (anti stall switch works well mate - - NOT :ph34r: ) I shall give you back the fuse someday... :D

I am going on strike until I get a lorry like steves to kip in, instead of a trailer with my tent on it which leaked that night. :D

I am going on strike until I get a lorry like steves to kip in, instead of a trailer with my tent on it which leaked that night. :D

My tent/ trailer combo worked quite well. A perfect nights sleep......you're just too fussy :lol::lol:

I like my comfort (just for sleep mind).... didn't you have an inflatable bed or something? I just had one of those foam role up things...

I am looking for one of those beds that Ian had, well comfy.. just expensive. and a new tent as my one is a little tired now at 13 years old.

My tent/ trailer combo worked quite well. A perfect nights sleep......you're just too fussy :lol::lol:

I like my comfort (just for sleep mind).... didn't you have an inflatable bed or something? I just had one of those foam role up things...

I am looking for one of those beds that Ian had, well comfy.. just expensive. and a new tent as my one is a little tired now at 13 years old.

You can't beat a good quality inflatable bed! After years and years of making do with foam mats, self inflating pads, Karrimats and just about everything else, finally realising that we're not backpackers and have plenty of space in the car we made the switch. Also helps if you have a really good quality sleeping bag. You can get a top quality four seasons bag now for under £40.

Of course Dave did have an extra comfort ;) ;)

hahahaha.....

I have got the decent sleeping bag -- if anything its too dam hot..... :D

air bed - not designed for my weight - - I have a double one at home - its great for louise (the wife) she has a wonderfull sleep, I however am always on the floor, its just not designed to take my fat boy weight (almost 15 stone)

Both dogs were in the back of the Discovery :lol:

hahahaha.....

I have got the decent sleeping bag -- if anything its too dam hot..... :D

air bed - not designed for my weight - - I have a double one at home - its great for louise (the wife) she has a wonderfull sleep, I however am always on the floor, its just not designed to take my fat boy weight (almost 15 stone)

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

where did you buy your scales i need to get me some of those

Pigster,

Boothy here,

Belive you me I am slightly heavier than 15 stone and my Coleman double inflatable airbed is the dogs doodaa's and cost about a tenner from Go Outdoors,

Saley will tell you quality of sleep I get on it because all he did all day at Ashbourne was moan like an old fishwife, about me snoring all night whilst blissfully asleep in my tent, SOBER. :closedeyes::closedeyes::closedeyes:

Evening All,

I did make it back on Sunday night, but have been of the radar for a couple of days due to work. I just thought I would have a look on the LR4x4 (The DARK SIDE, am I allowed in here :D:D ) to see what people were saying about the weekend only to see that someone, not naming anybody (Badger) :angry: has placed a picture of me on my side. I thought I may have got away with that one, with no evidence.

But as the comments alreadly placed about the weekend, well what a good/enjoyable day, slight shame about the weather, but made it more interesting ;) Some of the water was very deep, thanks to my new diesel engine on worried on damp problems :D I can now through the WD can out & into the carry box(Adrian I have some going spare :ph34r: )

Well I must also say I am very happy with finally being the bride & not the bridesmaid in the Standard class, been knocking on the door in the last couple of round, and it finally happened.

Damage for the weekend:

1. Two injector seating washer (injectors taken out due to roll over)

2. Driver side wing mirror.

3. Fuel return hose (nearly woren through, badly routed)

Therefore nothing two drastic.

The bolts problem was, the steering arm decided to rip/snap at the steering box end, leaving the trackrod end separated from the rest of the arm.

Well looking forward the Walters now. Good luck Saley on the AGRF, but make sure you work that new B!t$h hard as I heard he is a bit of a slacker. (Sorry Rob)

Taff.

Evening All,

I did make it back on Sunday night, but have been of the radar for a couple of days due to work. I just thought I would have a look on the LR4x4 (The DARK SIDE, am I allowed in here :D:D ) to see what people were saying about the weekend only to see that someone, not naming anybody (Badger) :angry: has placed a picture of me on my side. I thought I may have got away with that one, with no evidence.

But as the comments alreadly placed about the weekend, well what a good/enjoyable day, slight shame about the weather, but made it more interesting ;) Some of the water was very deep, thanks to my new diesel engine on worried on damp problems :D I can now through the WD can out & into the carry box(Adrian I have some going spare :ph34r: )

Well I must also say I am very happy with finally being the bride & not the bridesmaid in the Standard class, been knocking on the door in the last couple of round, and it finally happened.

Damage for the weekend:

1. Two injector seating washer (injectors taken out due to roll over)

2. Driver side wing mirror.

3. Fuel return hose (nearly woren through, badly routed)

Therefore nothing two drastic.

The bolts problem was, the steering arm decided to rip/snap at the steering box end, leaving the trackrod end separated from the rest of the arm.

Well looking forward the Walters now. Good luck Saley on the AGRF, but make sure you work that new B!t$h hard as I heard he is a bit of a slacker. (Sorry Rob)

Taff.

Cheers mate I thought I was going for a holiday with complimentary bog mud bath :D

Thanks for the "well done" 's etc :D:D:D . I was gobsmacked when Niel read our names out :o . Normally we have between 1 and 2 hours out due to breakages, only lost 20 minutes early on and we retired 40 mins early due to a problem with bolts having worked loose on the new brakes.

I have done a lot of work on the car over the last few weeks and it has made a big difference. Not so tippy over now as I have dropped it 4 inches on the springs and taken Colins advice on spring strengths (is that the right term)?

Another great event, thanks to the team. I have a new found determination to do Walters now providing the motor survives the Tay!!

Motor in for an MOT today :ph34r: , wish me luck

Thanks for the "well done" 's etc :D:D:D . I was gobsmacked when Niel read our names out :o . Normally we have between 1 and 2 hours out due to breakages, only lost 20 minutes early on and we retired 40 mins early due to a problem with bolts having worked loose on the new brakes.

I have done a lot of work on the car over the last few weeks and it has made a big difference. Not so tippy over now as I have dropped it 4 inches on the springs and taken Colins advice on spring strengths (is that the right term)?

Another great event, thanks to the team. I have a new found determination to do Walters now providing the motor survives the Tay!!

Motor in for an MOT today :ph34r: , wish me luck

Well done Alan, How well did the front locker work before it broke? Was it the alan bolts on the disc's that came loose?

Well done Alan, How well did the front locker work before it broke? Was it the alan bolts on the disc's that came loose?

Cheer Chris, yes, the two bolts that hold the bracket on worked loose on all 4 calipers, one worked its way out and fouled the allen screws holding the disc on. They were fitted with loctite on the threads but not the permanent type. I have replaced the bolts and used a permanent Locktite to keep them in place, (I think I will do the same with the big nuts on the reduction gear). I have also added thin locknuts to the bolts holding the calipers in place just as a precaution. Other than that, no damage. Lets see if we can get 2 portal trucks in the top 5 next time out :lol::lol::ph34r:

The locker was fine, the compressor stopped working so had to frig the locker on full time.

Nice video! Who was that driving? I think we did that special straight after them, If you have a video clip of us i would love to see it :)

i think i have one of the rangy, sorry but you will have to bear with me new camcorder and even newer to this you-tube thingy.