were do I complain to land rover direct

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

well got it back today but i would have handed the keys back to them if the dealer beadles land rover of sidcup had not been so nice and help full they got the mechanic to come out with the sale man and go through the list

poor under seal they agreed with me the body shop will repair

lack of paint in load area they agreed with me the body shop will repair two days work to repaint whole load area

abs tc fault found it needs a new sensor can't order one as parts are not listed yet ? faxed land rover for new part number

cleaned old one checked wiring seems to be ok they said comes on again bring it back and they will sort a loan freebie

carpets falling off repaired :D

remote locking distance they are just carp

gear box temp after long runs fault not found they can't do 2hrs on the motorway they said get it hot bring it in i agreed

damaged screw heads they are to replace fog and reverse complete units can,t get screws ?

damaged rear tail gate stoppers they agreed body shop to repair

not happy all faults from factory

need to book it in for a week to be sorted

want to complain to land rover about it

dan

Land Rover welcomes all questions, enquiries and customer feedback.

For test drive or brochure enquiries

You can contact Land Rover Administration on:

0800 110 110.

Or write to:

Land Rover Administration

Freepost TK494

Twickenham

TW2 5UN

For service or warranty enquiries

You can contact the Land Rover Customer Service Centre on:

08705 000 500.

Or write to:

Customer Relationship Centre

Abbey Road

Whitley

Coventry

CV3 4LH

Call centre opening hours

Land Rover Administration:

Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 6:30pm

Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm

Sunday & Bank Holidays: 10:00am - 4:00pm

Land Rover Customer Service:

Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm

Calls may be monitored and recorded for training or quality assurance purposes.

I guess Land Rover will know as they will be paying.

To be honest most of it sounds annoying rather than serious and the Dealer is sorting it without complaint, but if it really bugs you why not write to Bill Ford.

Look on the bright side, you could have bought a perfect but souless rice burner and lost £5k already :)

Guest diesel_jim
abs tc fault found it needs a new sensor can't order one as parts are not listed yet ? faxed land rover for new part number

cleaned old one checked wiring seems to be ok they said comes on again bring it back and they will sort a loan freebie

What a load of waffle.....

print these off and say "here ya go, here's the 2007 ABS parts list...."

post-130-1187041946_thumb.jpg

post-130-1187042088_thumb.jpg

Guess what,,

My 07 is still in with the dealers, for various things, inc the ABS/Tracs etc

told she needs a new r/h front sensor, but more or less the same lame excuse as above "Sensors are not available yet" so quote them the parts number, and advised they better nick one from the production line !!

Also, there is a back order on the locking mechanism on the rear most seats, Mine does not fully unlock, but when it does, the base prongs which aline in the seat bottom, ripes the seat trim !!

And they recon they have applied some more under body wax !! but the jury is still out on that one, need to see first !!

its broke again

land rover rang today no abs sensors are in stock with jcb so they can't supply any and can't give me a date :angry:

the light was on four times today rang the dealer got fobbed off with ring land rover assist they said take it to the dealer ?

got fed up going to the dealer at 830 will give them the car back enterprize are dropping off a car at dealers god its so hard

dan

Thats the biggest load of bo****ks from landrover.. Ive just VOR ordered one direct form landrover for a customer with the same problem as yours.

As long as your dealer VOR ( Vehicle Off Road) orders they should get the parts, most the time they wont as they dont get a good price..

Thats the biggest load of bo****ks from landrover.. Ive just VOR ordered one direct form landrover for a customer with the same problem as yours.

As long as your dealer VOR ( Vehicle Off Road) orders they should get the parts, most the time they wont as they dont get a good price..

eh? :blink:

since when are bits more expensive as VOR orders? they are here due to the courier cost but the first cost is the same...

eh? :blink:

since when are bits more expensive as VOR orders? they are here due to the courier cost but the first cost is the same...

vor is next day delivery and the only way to get them for a Saturday delivery. If ness they will also raid the production line bins rather that the warehouse

Guest diesel_jim

If i order bits from my dealers, i always get it "2 day" (unless i'm in a desparate hurry), as i get about 15% more off the price than VOR

well i got a disco hse 07 model friday morning and the dealer as agreed to extend the hire as its a land rover assistance temp hire car from enterprize car rental for 48 hours after that it needs to be returned

it very nice :D

any way the cars VOR and they are not going to get a abs sensor next week and i don't care i have a disco hse costing me £5.00 a day for damaged wavier thing they can get on with it and fix it

Dan

yawn yawn yawn - you old women have nothing better to do than moan about sensors and underseal. Especially you Tim, you need to get a life, you should try something interesting like sailing or rallying or something ;);););););););););)

Steve :D:D:D:D:D:D

Steve, yep, have got one thanks,,

And have a load more better things to do, that worry about why Landrover are incapable of doing they job correctly, and have us lot running about in MOT failure vehicles,

;) But then you did have a perfect Range Rover :lol:

we havent had any probs with the TC/ABS sensor on our ones (2 at work) and currently using another 10 on an event, all 12 are OK.

all 12 also have carp underseal!!!!!

just seem to be a few about with abs sensor that are faulty would be ok if they could get one but been awiating over a week now

dan

• 2 weeks later...

update

its been with the dealer over two weeks now all under sealed and painted but still no aba senor yet :angry:

they don't have a date for a new sensor from caterpillar they seem to have had a faulty batch as lot of defenders owners are waiting for them

o well will have to keep the disco 3 hse for a bit longer

dan

I assume that the vehicle will still drive OK with faulty ABS? The brakes are still working? Why not just carry on using it and when the parts come in get it fixed. Ours has no ABS or TC so I guess you could just pretend that you bought a County and not an XS!

Unless you would be breaking the law driving a vehicle with "faulty" brakes....the ABS light was always coming on in my (new) Alfa Romeo, eventually I just gave up as the dealer was clueless. The airbag light came on too, plus when you took a right hand bend the ignition warning lit up.

I assume that the vehicle will still drive OK with faulty ABS? The brakes are still working? Why not just carry on using it and when the parts come in get it fixed. Ours has no ABS or TC so I guess you could just pretend that you bought a County and not an XS!

Unless you would be breaking the law driving a vehicle with "faulty" brakes....the ABS light was always coming on in my (new) Alfa Romeo, eventually I just gave up as the dealer was clueless. The airbag light came on too, plus when you took a right hand bend the ignition warning lit up.

If you had an accident and injured someone youre insurance would be void ???????

Yes you have a valid point there I suppose they could say that technically the braking system was defective and you were aware of it. (even though it was only the ABS). I was just trying to say give the dealer etc a chance, it's just a machine and all machines can have teething problems. Getting too wound up about it can spoil your enjoyment of the vehicle.

Defender ECU faults bring to mind the early problems with a certain French passenger aircraft this had 5 computers in it and together they were supposed to be an interface between the Pilot and the aircraft. Once we were flying one out of Manchester and 30 seconds after rotation (takeoff) both engines shut down to idle.... the computers did not agree with what we were asking the aircraft to do (take off). It thought we were landing. With 168 passengers plus crew on board we were actually down to 1000 feet and looking for a landing site without buildings (no chance of returning to the airport) when finally were able to reset it.

Don't talk to me about Defender ECU's!

driving with a abs fault is againts the law as its a mot failure ?

its not worth the risk if you did crash and the abs light was no i am sure you get blamed un safe then un insured :o

any way the hand book said take it to the dealer as soon as possible which i did. the hand book did not say pick up a 07 disco 3 hse

and drive that for three weeks :lol:

Had a call from land rover they are to line pick a abs sensor today :lol: and it will be at the dealers in the morning

went to check it today made laugh me found bear metal in the filler cap when inspecting the under seal so more body work repairs

so i might not get it back this week

dan