Wheel sizes & turning circle

I have recently acquired thru ebay a set of freestyle alloys fitted with bfg all terrains (265 - 75 - 16's). Having fitted these to my 200tdi 90 CSW I was disappointed to find that the wheels catch the panhard rods on what feels like half lock (certainly well before full lock anyway). Is this normal or have I accidentally bought freestyles with the wrong offset? They are classic Landrover Freestyles (or is it Tornado's) and I think they are probably off a Disco. :unsure:

I have recently acquired thru ebay a set of freestyle alloys fitted with bfg all terrains (265 - 75 - 16's). Having fitted these to my 200tdi 90 CSW I was disappointed to find that the wheels catch the panhard rods on what feels like half lock (certainly well before full lock anyway). Is this normal or have I accidentally bought freestyles with the wrong offset? They are classic Landrover Freestyles (or is it Tornado's) and I think they are probably off a Disco. :unsure:

I have 265/75R16 BFG MT's on Freestyle/Tornado alloys and I have not adjusted the lock stops from the standard set by LR when the vehicle was built. They just brush the radius arms at full lock on rough ground but no problem on the road. So you shouldn't have a problem and I can't figure out why you have :unsure:

I have 265/75R16 BFG MT's on Freestyle/Tornado alloys and I have not adjusted the lock stops from the standard set by LR when the vehicle was built. They just brush the radius arms at full lock on rough ground but no problem on the road. So you shouldn't have a problem and I can't figure out why you have :unsure:

This is doing my nut :blink: The turning circle is so bad I almost need to do a shunt going around a roundabout :unsure:

Is it possible I have a set of Freestyles with the wrong offset for a Defender (I think the wheels were off a Disco 300tdi) ? If so, is thereanything I can do about this (fit spacers perhaps) or have I wasted a wad of cash ...? :angry:

This is doing my nut :blink: The turning circle is so bad I almost need to do a shunt going around a roundabout :unsure:

Is it possible I have a set of Freestyles with the wrong offset for a Defender (I think the wheels were off a Disco 300tdi) ? If so, is thereanything I can do about this (fit spacers perhaps) or have I wasted a wad of cash ...? :angry:

Defender and Disco axles and suspension are the same, so the wheel backspacing is the same. Normally 4.75". You can get aftermarket rims with less backspacing.

Defender and Disco axles and suspension are the same, so the wheel backspacing is the same. Normally 4.75". You can get aftermarket rims with less backspacing.

OK, I have adjusted the steering lockstops. To prevent the tyres contacting the radius arms the lockstops have had to come all the way out, such that the end of the bolt is actually now recessed within the lock nut. Surely this can't be right ? The Freestyles are genuine Landrover alloys, or at least the Landrover name is moulded into the edge of the wheel.

Any other ideas gratefully received.

Smarticus, the freestyles will have a part number and dimenstions cst into the out rim. What are they? Only with all respect to Red90 I suspect you'll have less backspacing on these than modulars

Oh and IIRC there are TWO different stop bolts, long and short, so it may be you need to fit the longer ones. A search or Western will turn up the part number.

Thanks LR90 - I think the markings you ask for are :

"Tireless ANR5307 71 16 33OAH2"

Does that mean anything to you ?

The '33' indicates the offset in mm, meaning the flange of the wheel is 33mm to the outside of the center, which is the normal value for LR rims. As the tires are wider then standard fitment (235s), they will rubb sooner. Only thing to do about it is either adjust your steering stops and learn to live with the turning circle or use rims with a different offset (Wolf, 8-Spoke, Modular, Mach5…) or wheelspacers with the Tornado rims.