Why BishBosh has the best 4x4xfar

MogLite

i've just done the same got rid of the big tyred,lifted,2 winched mad off roader 90 and gone "back to what i know best" a diesel s3 with paras and simex copy muds. drove to work in it this morn grinning from ear to ear bouncing from pothole to pothole and only doing 45mph great fun! (can see the attraction of a v8 rangey but the tax over here would be about a grand sterling :o )

I guess this reason is exactly why my Disco hasn't grown winches and a silly lift.. i've spent the money building in a bit of reliability and strength rather than making it undrivable day-to-day....

I'd love a challenge spec 90 (not that i could be bothered with the whole 'see who can break something first' challenge scene) but it would be as a second or third car, rather than my only landy....

For what you want Andy, RRC or early dico is the way to go, you could buy the truck, fit proper tyres, service it and still have change from a grand.......

There's a simple answer to that, but i'm not going to go there :lol:

A simple, strong and capable vehicle was my vision of what my landy would be, and it's sort of there

Oh yes! But few have seen the light and converted to the Church of 100"... Mind you, it's nice being one of the enlightened ones.

Guest dew110CSW

Same situation I'm in really. My ideal is a OneTen crewcab I'd build up from the ground (4.6 RPI V8, LPG, Lifted, Muds, the works) but as an everyday car I reckon it'd be a bit too rough for me. The OneTen I have now does everything I need. Practical, Good to run, A/Ts on so it can occasionally tackle a bit of rough stuff.

Challenge 90 is another option but I've always leaned towards OneTens and probobly will continue to do so unless I can find a nice Rapier.

• 1 month later...
Challenge 90 is another option but I've always leaned towards OneTens and probobly will continue to do so unless I can find a nice Rapier.

mm Same feeling here as the 90 in the Aus challenge scene is bloody useless, far too short. Need somthing longer. Disco/rrc nice but 110 like devons is better. A 110 is still smaller than the Toy's and Nissans