Quick Question

Gromit

My fuel line from the tank is 12mm O.D

What bore is it likely to be? I'm guessing 8mm, but want to be sure before I start ordering bits.

I'm also assuming that it's OK to T into the fuel line to take fuel to my ebby?

Cheers,

8MM bore standard diesel fuel line IIRC, don't fit it give it to me :lol:

Thanks Ralph. :)

It spent a year in my shed. Has now spent 6 months mounted, but not connected, in the truck.

If I gave it to you, I'd be loosing 18months of work :P

Don't worry, I'll tell you all how lovely and toasty I am over the winter, so you won't feel left out.

(hope it works after all that :ph34r: )

Gromit

Let me know how you get on as I am in the same position!

Ebby fitted (for some months) but not yet connected.

Mine is fitted under the offside second row seat on the same side as the fuel line running to the front.

Just working up to cutting the fuel line and inserting the tee.

Western

I will be down in Helford with my 110 at the end of the month, how close are you th there?

John

Gromit

Let me know how you get on as I am in the same position!

Ebby fitted (for some months) but not yet connected.

Mine is fitted under the offside second row seat on the same side as the fuel line running to the front.

Mine is mounted nearside second row; same side a fuel and power.

Unfortunately I've been off in the mud without covering the fuel feed nipple, so will probably have to strip and clean it up.

I've just ordered a slew of bits from VWP, so I'll photo the whole thing and post it up.

Planning on T-ing into the fuel line at the highest point of chassis rail, just over the rear wheel, as there's already a junction there.

Don't know where to mount the pump yet, maybe inboard side of the chassis rail, between the tank and the ebby.

Also not sure about routing cabling to the battery box and dash for the rheostat yet. Will probably do down, and forward on the outside of the truck.

If you any ideas, I'd appreciate it before I start :)

Mine is mounted nearside second row; same side a fuel and power.

Unfortunately I've been off in the mud without covering the fuel feed nipple, so will probably have to strip and clean it up.

I've just ordered a slew of bits from VWP, so I'll photo the whole thing and post it up.

Planning on T-ing into the fuel line at the highest point of chassis rail, just over the rear wheel, as there's already a junction there.

Don't know where to mount the pump yet, maybe inboard side of the chassis rail, between the tank and the ebby.

Also not sure about routing cabling to the battery box and dash for the rheostat yet. Will probably do down, and forward on the outside of the truck.

If you any ideas, I'd appreciate it before I start :)

I too will probably route control cables to dash via the underside.

As I have several other cables to run, (ARB Compressor, air line compressor gauge tube [pump and tank behind second row seats] and power to both) I plan to run a conduit or two, perhaps some 25mm blue waterpipe, cable tied high up along the chassis.

As for the Ebby pump I plan to mount it inside a small plastic box (electrical IP 55 standard about 120mm x 90mm x70mm) fixed to a convenient chassis rail. Remember the pump has to be set at an slight angle.

John