SLRC seven sisters 22nd-23rd sept

miketomcat

OK, finally got some pictures uploaded!

I spent the weekend paired up with my brother Adrian (Orange) in his silver rangie, so the pictures feature a silver rangie and a white disco rather heavily....

Adrian had Chris biatching for him, and I had brought the Mrs, Sam, on her very first Off roading trip - something of a baptism of fire! All of the Photos are hers, so all credit must go in that direction!

Got upto site on friday around half 3-ish, just in time to meet up with Chris Watts and some of the Shires crew after they finished setting out punches. Since we sill had a couple of hours of daylight left, we decided a few lanes were in order, so proceeded to do Sarn Helen, and then the Gap Road which gave Sam a gentle intorduction to Laning. All was going well untill we started deceding the rocky steps down to the river on Sarn helen - seemigly we were very attractive to the cows, and they started to surround us...

gallery_92_366_91859.jpg

so we deployed our cow scarer...

gallery_92_366_58325.jpg

We then progressed along the rest of the route with no problems, but the cow incident was definately a highlight!

Saturday started slightly forboding...

gallery_92_366_97627.jpg

But the weather was tollerable.. and we spent the day trundling round and collecting punches.

gallery_92_366_71561.jpg

including a particulalry muddy/slidey/deep rutted one set by Mr Lang

gallery_92_366_8602.jpg

gallery_92_366_150893.jpg

and a silly one set by Mr Watts

gallery_92_366_33401.jpg

gallery_92_366_81966.jpg

as well as some other damp ones

gallery_92_366_79091.jpg

occasionally we would seem some other people...

gallery_92_366_36893.jpg

but not often!

We got to 7 of the 10 groups of punches by the end of the day, and whilst we did not get all the punches in each group we had a good go!

Sunday saw the rain really set in, and us get to the last three groups of punches...

first one involved a little bit of winching

gallery_92_366_34155.jpg

Then next was at the waterfall, so already being wet, I decided to investigate further

gallery_92_366_156040.jpg

before attacking the punches

gallery_92_366_123292.jpg

gallery_92_366_83046.jpg

this took a fair bit of enthusiasm to get out of, which Adrian mangaged to achieve getting the back wheels to leave the ground :D

gallery_92_366_54103.jpg

some were more adventurous than us however (damned trailler queens... :P)

gallery_92_366_31695.jpg

By the last group, with some nice axle twisting acion going on, our intrepid photographer had retired to the car - the rain and a nasty cold bug having got the better of her... so no pix i am afraid.

Anyway, it was a superb, if damp weekend. We spent all out time doing punches, so our thanks really must go to Chris (GBMUD) Dave (landrover598) and Mike (miketomcat) for taking the time to set them out. By the end we had got 38 of the 52 set out, which we were more than happy with.

As ever, the site is brilliant - this was our second time there, and I am pretty sure there are still areas we havn't visited.

Hope you like the photos - I have a bucket load more, all of which fridgefreezer has should he decided to use them...

Enjoy

Mark