L/R owner with no taste.

Les Henson

I was cycling through Newcastle about a month or so ago and when I stopped at the lights at Jesmond I heard the unmistakable rattle of a Defender behind me..

Along pulled a newish double cab, with tinted gold/reflective windows, big chromed alloys of some sort with skinny road tyres on, and about 8 huge chrome spotlamps on the roof & front bumper......you could almost smell the autoglym :blink:

an absolute essential for getting out of the winebar car park........

(if your reading this and you own it, no offence mate ;) )

Thats good, it'll make spotting the rust easier!! :lol:

:lol::lol:

There is a blacked out windowed 38a with huge alloys and 40 profile tyres he must be a NTMKLRC member drives round Eastleigh at night cruising.

he keeps well away from me on my four Mildly miffed mates and me journey home from the pup in my Disco 2..

As for that Defender in Newcastle, that belongs to my Mate Daz, and he is brilliant so don't you dare diss him any more, that is bang out of order.

As for you Roger Trooper, you really aint right in the head are you? 210mph in something with the aerodynamics of a brick? Derrr

I am going for a serious reply: We were looking at a malaysian RFC entrant which had 2 lights underneath his car. We were joking about this, but later found out what they were for: if you ever tried crossing a logbridge at night, pitchdark you will relize these lights are your best friend!

I doubt the disco guy had them for this purpose though..

Daan

Isn't 210mph theoretically impossible in something with the aerodynamics of a LR?

No, the theory is fine ................ but it cant be done with a twin turbo V8 .................. I seem to remember calculating it out once for 160 mph that was claimed by some clown and that required 900+ bhp with the associated torque .........................so yes in theory ts probably fine, but in practice ..........no

:)

Ian

ahh no probs- just take a bored LS7 block chevy, a roots charger and some NOS and you should be well over 1500bp.

there's a vid knocking round of a car in the states with a twin turbo 427cid LSx motor making well over 1400bhp!

conversion kit is just £3k which has to be something of a bargain!

There was a guy in this country with 90SV running a roots on a tuned 4.6 and heavy NOS …………. that 5th wheeled at a 130 something …… but very shy of 140

There another with a 5.7 LS engine in an old ford granny ………… that got 155 on the ¼ at santa …………. B)

So 210 in an old RR with a twin turbo 3.9 ………..nah :P

Ian

There was a guy in this country with 90SV running a roots on a tuned 4.6 and heavy NOS …………. that 5th wheeled at a 130 something …… but very shy of 140

There another with a 5.7 LS engine in an old ford granny ………… that got 155 on the ¼ at santa …………. B)

So 210 in an old RR with a twin turbo 3.9 ………..nah :P

Ian

Ian

Don't break his dream for him. We all have dreams, mine is to get a placing at a challenge event. But I expect 210mph from a RRC will happen before that :o