Fire Extinguishers from Lidls

Steve King

Aargh I thought I had found the perfect thread to answer my question about fire extinguishers but am now even more confused than I was before!!

I had been thinking about replacing the tiny extinguisher that was in The Beastie when I got it since I have no idea of its age and I think I could probalby produce more p*ss than it does.

Having read it would seem that it makes sense to have two extinguishers - one dry powder and one AFFF. OK I suppose. There is space in the back but it would be a squeeze fitting two in the cab, which is where you would really want them.

What sort of sizes are we talking about as optimal? I have had a look and it seems pricey (at least Screwfix is), but against a burnt out wreck obviously negligible. I am not in a high risk cateogry (I think, and rapidly crossing fingers and touching wood) so any suggestions, and also perhaps reasonably priced places to buy.

Any suggestions would be really helpful

Malcy

The minimum you want is a 2 litre foam / AFFF (Aqueous Film Forming Foam) as shown here - 2 litre AFFF very cheap they do a nice 3 litre foam with a proper hosey bit too for notter a lotter of money Cheap 3 litre AFFF And have you seen the price of the 6 litres? £24.... how can they do them so cheap... 6 litre AFFF for £24

I have no connection with this comapny. I am not a satisfied customer. I found them with a Google search.

Nick... the smelly one

Thanks Nick - that was good value.

I've bought 3l AFFF + 2kg CO2 for each vehicle plus 6l AFFF + 5kg CO2 for the workshop plus three smoke alarms - all for under £200.

Decided to go for CO2 as well to cover my options. It is not as good as Halon - but it is the only one currently available which is reliable. If there is pressure in the bottle, it will work.

Wish I'd done this a while back. Dry powder sucks!

Si

The minimum you want is a 2 litre foam / AFFF (Aqueous Film Forming Foam) as shown here - 2 litre AFFF very cheap they do a nice 3 litre foam with a proper hosey bit too for notter a lotter of money Cheap 3 litre AFFF And have you seen the price of the 6 litres? £24.... how can they do them so cheap... 6 litre AFFF for £24

I have no connection with this comapny. I am not a satisfied customer. I found them with a Google search.

Nick... the smelly one