Alarm remote - which button is which

2002MY Defender 110, factory fit alarm, no central locking.

The two buttons are worn so much that its difficult to tell which is which, and the MoD Police liked the owners manuals so much they kept them..

Its a two button remote, and if the remote is infront of you and the bit that attaches to the chain is at the bottom, which button is set and which is unset? - Also what shoudl indicator lights be doing on each button press?

Workshop manual does not seem to give the operation of above.

I am looking to purchase a 2nd hand owners manual from parts gatway or eblag, but in the meantime....

Guest diesel_jim

When it's new, it should have a padlock moulded into the RH buttonn, thus:

Rover2Button_1.jpeg

mine wore away in no time. great when you lend someone the car and wait for the "honk honk honk honk......" when they set the alarm off! :lol:

You can buy the replacement button kits from a dealer for a couple of quid, basically the outer casing and the 2 rubber buttons you just change the electronic guts of it over, takes 2 minutes to do.

I have seen this type of thing on Eblag, but they want 6.99+postage, will get part# and see how much from dealer...

thanks..

Anyone got a spare owners manual ?

You will be amazed to find they are cheaper from a dealer than they are on Ebay, I have heard that said several times. I think they are about two or three quid, something like that. I don't have the part number to hand today but I can get it for you when I am back at work.

How many keys have you got on the keyring, as this will make it a bit of a pain.

take all keys off, and walk around your lounge 4 times, then have a slice of toast with butter on, then press the left one to unlock while smiling because of your new landy.

The part number is:

YWX101070LBLANK-SWITCH£ 2.97 £ 3.49

The guys on Ebag sell them as is, but add a battery which brings it up to £7.00 (I normally get all my batteries (including AA, AAA etc) from www.CPC.co.uk where the standard Duracell are available as PROCELL (same manufacturer) at 'trade' prices.

Got a new switch blank, and also bought a new old switch from Eblag at £3.79 (same guts) and will be programming them this afternoon ... So I might be back later when Ive buggered up the programming, which involves removing both remote and car battery, walking around the living room (or study) four times with a bit of toast.................... :rolleyes:

BTW only have car keys on car key ring, (as have several cars at various stages of work) so car keys on colour coded bunches, and house keys... :)

Guest diesel_jim
which involves removing both remote and car battery, walking around the living room (or study) four times with a bit of toast.................... :rolleyes:

Marmite on the toast helps considerably.

the programming, which involves removing both remote and car battery, walking around the living room (or study) four times with a bit of toast.................... :rolleyes:

Only on the 1995 model 1 button alarm systems. You need a Testbook to program the two button alarm system and there is no "manual" way to do it as far as I am aware. It is literally only a 5 minute job though.

eeeeeuuuuuuuuhgggggghhhhhhh [Cough- Splutter]!

Marmite is food of the devil !!!!!

Id settle for red jam and banana slices on a toasted bagel, but not the dreaded M word :D

I beg to differ. Marmite is the food of Gods On the other hand gooseberrys, raspberrys, cabbage and brussel sprouts are the food of the devil :D

Guest diesel_jim
eeeeeuuuuuuuuhgggggghhhhhhh [Cough- Splutter]!

Marmite is food of the devil !!!!!

Id settle for red jam and banana slices on a toasted bagel, but not the dreaded M word :D

yuk! only rabbits eat red and yellow stuff....

/homer voice/

marmite..... hmmmm......

store_logo.gif

Is this for existing handsets only then?post-1003-1187737695_thumb.jpg

Yes it is to resync plips that have "lost their place" in the rolling code e.g. a spare one that has not been used for a long time. It will not work for programming a new uncoded plip, or one that has previously been programmed to another vehicle.