Sad day!

simonr

Glad to hear you're fine, that's the main thing. Really gutted for you though as I know first hand what its like to lose a car you cherish to fire, and its not nice. Console yourself with the thought that it can all be replaced and improved on with the MK II inventions on the replacement. ;)

I'm glad you are ok buddy.

A good fire extinguisher is now the priority list on the rebuild.

Will be fitting forward facing rear seat for my 6 year old son and I can't even begin to imagine if the same thing were to happen.......

Once again glad you are ok.

Most sincere regards

Grant

Your a lucky man to excape from that. The truck can be replaced, people can't.

Was there anything salvagable from the wreck ?

I best bin the two powder extinguishers in my landy. What should i replace them with ?

Dave

No need to throw them away. Just tip them upside down and shake about till you feel all the powder move about. Needs to be done on a regular basis though. Any vibration will settle the powder.

Guest dew110CSW
When can we expect to see the X tinguisher on the market! :rolleyes:

Cruel but almost funny :lol:

Just glad no one was injured. At the end of the day metal can be replaced, a human life can't be. Good Luck in getting it sorted mate.

Si, glad you are ok, quite a shock so see what happened.

When can we expect to see the X tinguisher on the market! :rolleyes:

John

Si - bummer. Just goes to show how fast they can go up. Even if you got the powder to work, there is a good chance that it wouldn't put it out anyway. Sometimes fires are just too well advanced.

General rule of thumb, if the fire is physically bigger than the extinguisher, it will struggle.

I like the way everyone just drove past, did no one stop and check you were ok?

Crikey!!!

I came down the A281 on my way home and came across the fire engines etc and figured there had been an accident - there have been two or three at that exact spot in the past few months. I am utterly gobsmacked to find out it was your truck! I hope the insurance gets close to the value of the kit on the truck let alone the hours you have put into it...

:o

Mark

Si

Not sure what to say. Absolutely gutted for you. I've never lost a vehicle like that. After we watched the vid clip it hard to say any thing that doesn't sound to condescending.

Hopefully you can now buy/build a new truck and tweak all the ideas mods that were on the old 1. At least it wasn't the SV :D

Bloody hell Si - that's all I can say.

Looking at what went wrong and how quickly it can get bigger, I won't be buying a new extinguisher - I'll be checking every heavy cable in the car and P-clipping them so they can't rub or chafe. Better to prevent the fire than put it out...

Best of luck with the insurers :(

OMG im so sorry that this has happend glad your ok and soon you will be starting a new project i hope

I have a project on the way - just have to crack on with it a bit now!

I have a feeling the cause was the exhaust setting fire to leaves & stuff from off-roading, possibly with some help from oil & grease - then setting fire to a fuel line. The fire definitely started underneath between the chassis rails - so that's all I can think it could be.

Si