Sad day!

simonr

As has been said many times before.

1. Glad you're OK.

2. Sorry it happened.

3. Hope you turn this into a positive thing. Difficult, but use the experience wisely.

Hope the insurance / replacement work goes well.

Thanks for all the support! Particularly from Father Ted! I took a bit of his advice in the pub last night - and felt much better! "Drink!"

I know I'll be carrying a better fire extinguisher in future! As has been said in a different thread - Carry dry powder for Scrutineering, carry something else for putting out fires.

A couple of people have commented to me privately that I should have shaken the extinguisher before pulling the trigger. Suppressing the immediate urge to head butt them - I wonder if they would remember to do it? I think I was fairly level headed and not panicking too much - but it all happened so fast that it's a stupid thing to have to remember, particularly when it's so binary.

Si

Sorry to hear about the 90 Si, even worse when you have to watch it going up in flames when there is nothing you can do.

I may have found a future solution for you cheap on ebay. Only prob is you have to be wearing a shirt with french cuffs all the time....

3cae_1.JPGFire Extinguisher Cufflinks

Cheers

Steve

Hi Simon,

I hope you are recovering and the shock is wearing off. Must have been a nasty

expirience.

Never mind what people may say in retrospect, I think you acted correctly.

If it was a fuel fire, I doubt a portable extinguisher would have been much use,

but you could have gotten lucky.

Have a read HERE regarding extinguishing media and try to decide for yourself

what to carry in future. It is a minefield and although 1 type may be suitable for

a few given scenarios it will be useless for others.

The biggest challenge with any vehicle fire isn't putting it out but stopping and getting everyone

to safety before it becomes an inferno. Imagine if you'd have had children in kiddie seats in the

back? That is why 1 of us always sits in th eback with the children.

Just get well soon, and count your lucky stars. :D

I am also very sorry to hear of your loss Simon. I know that I would be inconsolable if it happened to me. Glad to know you are OK though.

There is a bright side however. You now have the definitive answer to the question Gromit posed on another thread, as to ''what sheds heat better ? '' :rolleyes: Yeah I know the drill, coat's already on, found the door.

Bill.

Si, just seen this very sad news.

Anything that can be, has been said. You are a decent bloke and as you said level headed, so in my mind

there is no doubt that from the ashes will rise a 4x4 full of innovation..... Si style..

Looking forward to its arrival.

Lawrence

You now have the definitive answer to the question Gromit posed on another thread, as to ''what sheds heat better ? ''

:hysterical:

Though I think we all know that Si's truck had a shedload of innovation but certainly was no shed. :)