OT, maps for Morocco

unclebill1

Hi, am off to Morocco next month, I've managed to get some large scale maps of the Atlas mountain area, but could do with some others for different areas.

So far I've got some from World Maps, but not all that I would like, National Geographic, Amazon and waterstones don't seem to be able to help, Omnimaps but there in the states, any suggestions, I see from the getting out there forum that Freeagent has done a trip, probably others also, so any suggestions gratfully received.Can you buy them when you get there???

Cheers Bill

You may already have one, but Michelin do a map for Morocco, # 742, Stanfords have them for not a lot Michelin 742

Steve.

Thanks, yes got that one or similar, its the larger scale stuff I'm after 1" 100,000 got some for the Atlas mountains, but they don't cover everywhere that we want to go.

Cheers anyway Bill

B ill

I may have some Air Charts for Morocco I'll check later. They are from when we went to Morocco a few years ago. If you know the areas you are interested in let me know and I'll see if I have them.

Rgds

Ivan

I use Insight Travel Map's , which is about the same as the Michelin range.

What GPS are you using? I have loads of track's for the Garmin 276c (might work on others) which I have collected over the years.

You can buy/download other maps from T4A

The roads and signs of most of the bigger towns are well marked so even with the most basic map you will be OK, even if you can get hold of a set of military Maps not all the track's are still there.

Peter

Thanks, yes got that one or similar, its the larger scale stuff I'm after 1" 100,000 got some for the Atlas mountains, but they don't cover everywhere that we want to go.

Cheers anyway Bill

Bill, you might like to use that Michelin link to take you to Stanfords online shop, there was a heap of other stuff for Morocco listed there as well, could be worth a browse. :unsure:

Steve.

Bill, you might like to use that Michelin link to take you to Stanfords online shop, there was a heap of other stuff for Morocco listed there as well, could be worth a browse. :unsure:

Steve.

Cheers Steve, been on to Stanfords and they have what I need, knew there had to be a site out there somewhere for what I wanted, thanks to everyone else for your input, I'm in disagreement with a few others that are going, they seem to think that before GPS we all huddled in our caves and only ventured to the next hovel in broad daylight, to that end I'm using good maps and a good compass, Silva and believe that is enough, well am cheating as I'll have latitude and longitude fixes to fall back on, just getting them from the tom tom sat nav if I get lost, but its supposed to be an adventure so what the heck, if I get back I'll let you know how it went, if not, I'll just keep heading south and send a postcard from capetown.

Cheers again to all bill