Child seats, back of a 90.

Teebags

I'm after a suitable child seat for the back of my 90 for my 4yr old. It's currently got side facing seats with lap belts. I've seen the £500+ offering from Exmoore Trim, but seriously I'll ferry her around in Taxi's before I pay out £500+ for one seat!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable alternative. Ideally I'd prefer to stay with the existing seats as she doesn't go in the Landy very often anyway, so any permanent alterations would be a bit of a waste.

Taxis it is then ;)

Not only are they not approved in sideways facing seats, it is a very bad idea from the point of view of sideways whiplash on the neck. There have been big discussions here recently on this subject because of the numbers of Land Rovers around these parts.

I guess the only budget alternative would be to build a DIY metal frame in a "forward facing seat shape" with an appropriate means of restraining the child seat in it. Not sure how you would fare off with regard to construction and use regulations if you did this though, and there was an accident, and it broke, and somebody was hurt... £500 might suddenly seem quite cheap.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable alternative.

Put the kiddy seat in the front.

Before we got a 110 the 90 was the only vehicle we had that would take 2 aduts, 2 dogs, baby(and seat), all terrain pushchair etc.....

Put the kiddy seat in the front.

Yeh, I suggested that, and that my missus should sit in the back... She didn't reply as such, just glanced at me with the "are you really that stupid or just pretending" look.

The next obvious solution is to leave her behind and the little one and I can go out and play instead!

The next obvious solution is to leave her behind and the little one and I can go out and play instead!

yep - thats what i do. i do have a sideways facing seat to put back into the 90, but so far have been 'too busy' to get round to it. :ph34r:

Have you got a mddle front seat?

Nope, cubby box. Spoken to Land Rover spares today and foward facing seats in the new defender are available as a sparable part at £350+vat for the complete kit. My Stealers are not the cheapest though so ringing round a few places might be the best idea. It's certainly better than the £550ish that Exmoore Trim want.

Fit the middle seat.

If you're not too fussy you can get a s/h one for next to naught and naught if your lucky. Many replace them with centre consoles but having a family of three I find the centre seat gets far more use.

Fit the middle seat.

If you're not too fussy you can get a s/h one for next to naught and naught if your lucky. Many replace them with centre consoles but having a family of three I find the centre seat gets far more use.

Unfortunately it's a 50th Anniversary Auto, so center seat isn't an option.

Don't overlook the fact that the rear wheelarches on the 2007's are different to the earlier models, they look to be reinforced and the inside edge is also stepped too. This is my 110 but I think 90's are similar

med_gallery_12_276_96778.jpg

If it were my kids I think I'd go the Exmoor Trim route.

Unfortunately it's a 50th Anniversary Auto, so center seat isn't an option.

Nice but not having seen one up close why does this prevent the cubby box being removed and a 'std' third seat being fitted (four bolts through the seat box and a lap belt)?