ABS light

Have just received my new Double Defender, and saw this morning when moving it, the ABS light stays on.

Have checked the fuses, and what conection I can see, all ok,

I don't know much about ABS system.

Don't want to take it back to the dealer, if it is just something simple.

Any ideas

Regards

JJ

On my Discovery the ABS light stays on until you reach a certain speed. If it stays on longer than that you have a fault on the ABS and it's testbook time. Personally I would take it back.

Rgds

Ivan

Just book it back in to the dealership. It'll be covered on the warrenty. Won't cost you a penny :D

Hi,

I have the same problem on mine : ABS and TC lights stay on. I went to dealer who proofed the system : there is a defect on an ABS sensor located on rear axle. It will be replace as soon as the dealer receiced the part.

It seems that new defender with ABS often have this problem. The new def is born with this defect :huh:

So best is to go to dealer.

Regards,

Eric

Not sure about 07s but earlier ABS systems leave the light on till the vehicle gets to about 5mph the first time after startup and once the ECU is happy that it is getting signals from all four wheel sensors then it turns the light off.

they do stay on until you reach 5 mph then go off if it stays on or comes on when driving

its one of the faulty batch of abs sensor

jcb provide the parts to land rover my o7 double cab is off the road at present awiating a sensor not a listed part as yet been awaiting two weeks as the light kept comming on all the time. take it back to them ask for a loan if you crash into some one and the old bill find that its got a abs fault you will get done un safe car abs lights are a mot fail

try lradvice@landrover.com to complain

dan

Guess what, mine is back on again last night, both ABS and tracs !! lasted all of 200 miles since their 2nd attempt to fix,

Told them its on the way back in, and to have a RRS or D3 HSE ready as a loan, until fixed :angry:

Guess what, mine is back on again last night, both ABS and tracs !! lasted all of 200 miles since their 2nd attempt to fix,

Told them its on the way back in, and to have a RRS or D3 HSE ready as a loan, until fixed :angry:

still no abs sensors at caterpiller or land rover stock so they can't replace it. my one lasted a week after being cleaned and reset

i have a disco 3 hse had it for over a week now and seem i have it for this weekend :D

my defenders sitting in the back yard of the the dealers still awaitng this part

they are paying £62 a day hire for the disco 3 so if i get my defender back tuesday its cost them £682.00 to replace a £10.00 sensor ?

dan

as above they ABS light stays on until you go over 8kph/5mph

unless its Tims!

or dans

spoke to the dealer to day still no abs sensor seem the axles hits the production line as complete items out of the box so they can't line pick one unless they send the hole axle down still have the disco 3 hse

dan