Quick Tyre pressure question

A quick one.

Trying to find my correct tyre pressure. After searching the Internet I can actually find my tyre size, I can get close but not exact.

Running :

BFGoodrich Mud Terrain’s

255/85/R16

Don’t Off road.

General road driving.

Hardly ever any load carrying.

Also should the front and back be the same pressure.

Thanks guys :):)

You won't find published tyre pressures for any non-standard sizes as LR only specify pressures for their recommended tyre sizes. I should think if you look at the pressures specified for 235/85R16 and 265/75R16 and split the difference between the two you should be about right, though I always run all my tyres much softer than LR recommend especially on the back where 48psi is stupid :blink:

You won't find published tyre pressures for any non-standard sizes as LR only specify pressures for their recommended tyre sizes. I should think if you look at the pressures specified for 235/85R16 and 265/75R16 and split the difference between the two you should be about right, though I always run all my tyres much softer than LR recommend especially on the back where 48psi is stupid :blink:

Same here Steven - I generally run the 110 (235/85x16 BFG) at 28 F / 35 R. Tend to increase the rears to 42psi when fully loaded / towing heavy.

(Anorak bit here!) All the local Defender 110s which belong to Western Power Distribution have the same pressures stencilled on the wheelarches too - they run 265/75 BFG MTs.

Matt

3000lb for 255/85R16

3042lb for 265/75R16

both at 65psi though!

I run mine at about 25 front 30 rear at the moment, on the 110, but we don't have motorway speeds here so it would probably be too soft for most countries. Losing 5psi or so makes a huge difference to comfort on rough roads which is the main reason I do it!

On mine I'd try running the 255/85s at 27 front and 19 rear.

Not kowing the balance of slihp's TC I'd suggest 25 front and mayby 22 rear as a starting point, lightly loaded (and not for towing). Monitor wear patterns and adjust form there.