Scampi, Waxoyled cats, & the Pulley

Guest dew110CSW

Man I haven't laughed so hard in years, the waxoyle cat one is pure fantastic, We should make a 2 ronnies style sketch book of HBH's mistakes.

Keep up the good work, and keep posting mistakes for us to laugh at! :lol:

• 1 year later...

Top man Nige... Just a shame I was trying to drink a cup of tea whilst reading it!

We all have 'Prat' moments but it would appears some are just more 'Pratty' than others!!!

I have done a similar toe nail type thing... only I thought it was a good idea to kick a very large lump of wood very hard to 'position' it whilst wearing steel toe caps... Net result was my nail being completely bent back over and ripped off... and me slightly 'fainting' on the floor...

• 1 year later...

On the suggestion of Geoff (Admin) Beaumont I have to admit to another "Moment" .....

Stupid

Completely stupid.

Stupid with a capital S

ME

I truly can't explain "Why" I did it,...... I just did

Making 'Pegged Diffs' means I have to shove a bare diff casing into an Oven (Bought from ebay table top size :) ) and "Cook"

for quite a while. These cases have been steam cleaned and then "Dishwashered" (another table top EBay Bargain :D ) and

then, and only then "Cooked". They are clean,..... I mean reallyyyy clean,... and as Sue was away an idea "Popped" into my mind :huh:

"Bread"

"Home made Bread" to be exact

The loooverelly Home made type, I mean - the casings are super clean(ish) so just enough space to pop a in tin

and bake some fresh 'HFH Styllee Bread', part of me said "Don't be a pratt" and part of me said "Go on ...Give it a Go"

So I have :)

Popped diff in to oven fully heated up, slide next to it the yeasty mess in a tin, and closed oven up

Went to work on 90, and 30 mins later the smell of the contents was making me dribble, 1 hr later the oven

went "Ping" and the diff was done ....and so was the bread :blink:

Seriously it smelt absolutely superb, I mean REALLY superb,... a mate who popped round even said "Mmmmmmmm Home made bread :) "

He was 'slightly put off' when I explained - but, none the less the plates and butter came out, and we sniffed it and examined it

and it all seemed jolly fine and lovelly.

So, buttered up we tried some :ph34r:

With just One swallow later I am not sure who got up from the BBQ Table 1st, both saying "FFS, ...Dear God,.. and Christ almighty"

the "You ******g Idiot Barker" was defo him :). but as to the rest of the anglo saxon - just it was one of us.

Equally I am unsure which one of us wretched 1st, setting the other off, and then there was stereo

Technicolour Yawns over the patio edge where we were both now on our respective knees wretching in to the shrubbery.

During this joy, Sue phoned up - shoved it on loudspeaker (so as to keep both hands free) and she said, "Just leaving, anything to report ?"

Mate Yelled "Yes,.... he is a certified Idiot" [wretch]

Thats Nice I thought :(

Sue replied "Yes, I know - I said News" :(

Ho hum, yes daft... but I just wondered.........and now I know ...

EP90 Granary (with seasame seeds) is truly vile, even the birds won't eat it :lol:

And to think Les / MOG / TC made me a mod all those years ago to keep things normal here

Nige

PS NO, seriously I just "Wondered" :rofl: Mate is still barely talking to me

Nige

The sensible Mod :P

ROFL i woke a rather annoyed missus i was laughing so hard reading this thread at midnight last night!

You need to carry a camcorder round with you and film these "mishaps", you'd make a fortune :P

Not sure what happened with the bread one? Did you forget to clean/dishwasher the diff casing? Or was there just so much oil ingrained into the oven/diff that the fumes infected the bread while it was cooking?

• 3 years later...
  • 6 years later...

I'm not sure how this came up in conversation tonight with the wife but I thought with all the bad news going on at the moment we could all do with a laugh and re read this

Sorry Nige

😁