Where to buy exhaust tubing?

Jon White

OK - apart from rip off merchants Demon Tweeks, where else (prefereably close to home) sells exhaust bits to make up your own exhaust from? I can get straight tubing easily enough, but none of the motor factors I've tried seem to sell pre-formed bends!

CAF's dont, Eurocarparts (F'ing useless bunch) dont, I aint even going to waste my breath in halfrauds..........ARE's used to but have gone bust...........anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Jon

For mail-order stuff try Jetex - have a look in their custom exhaust section...

Sad as it is to say it, it is also worth having a word with the spotty oik behind the Ripspeed desk in your local Halfords. They pointed me to a couple of local places...(local to me, that is!!!) Can't hurt next time you are in there.

For mail-order stuff try Jetex - have a look in their custom exhaust section...

Beat me to it.

I've assembled a 2.5 straight through in stainless from there parts, I'm not far from them. They only thing I would not recommend is there clamping brackets, better to assemble with clamps and then weld, even when done up to the max they still came loose.

Andy

Eeeeeeeeeeek!!!

They're even more expensive than Demon Tweeks!!!!!!

They do some nice looking tight 90 degree bends though which would be good for a 200Tdi disco conversion. Shame they only do 2 or 2.5" though - I was looking for 2.25".

Thanks for the tips though!

Cheers

Jon

I have just made a 4" stainless exhaust with bends bought from pipe centre http://www.pipecenter.co.uk/pipe/index.html I have also just bought some 3" 316 stainless 90' bends cost was £9 something plus vat each which I think is quite good ( 90' bends can be cut in 1/2 and this gives 2 cheap 45' bends) they also do 6m lenghts of straight pipe. When I first went I blagged a 20% discount and still get it. I tacked everything in stainless and my brother in law tig'd it for me. I personally wouldn't mess with mild when stainless is so cheap (relatively) . You can buy an exhaust pipe expander off fleabay that will expand 3" pipe so that 3" pipe will fit inside it. They also do stainless adapters, not sure of all the sizes but I think the biggest is 3"-4".

Gaza

Thanks for the links, my Eagle needs a new exhaust and trying to match an AMC 5.9litre V8 header to any other system pipework is a bit tricky. Seems I have any number of bits of pipe to sort the problem! :D

Southern Exhaust Supplies in Fareham (by the train station) sold me loads of bits. I found it can be worth taking a wander up their "cheap sh... systems" aisle as some of the stuff you can buy for £25 has more bends and twists than you could buy for twice the money separately.

BTW I have 2m of 3" pipe here I didn't use if you want some.