Load area seats

Dunc

Hi,

Bought Wolf-spec load space folding rear seats for my 90.

How the hell do they fit in? They don't seem to be anywhere near other holes or mounting points and are narrower than the standard seat frames.

Thanks very much

Dunc

I will have a look for you when i go back into work. you sure they are for a `wolf` and not for a bog standard 90

Russ

Hiya Russ,

Well, i'm 'told' that the Wolf spec seats are tubular framed and these are certainly tube framed. Exmoor Trim also sell Wolf Spec Rear Seats and these look identical to the pics on their website.

I'm afraid i can't be any more specific than that mate, sorry.

They look to me like there should be some sort of mounting plinth underneath the foot on the frame to lift the whole assembly about an inch. This would then put the top mount on the backrest inline with the holes under the rear window in the tub where the normal seat mounts.

Maybe i should just make some spacers and stop posting questions!!! :rolleyes:

Dunc

like i said i will see how ours at work are fitted and if there happens to be some more bits needed they may find their way to you, but dont hold your breath the MT section can be tight.

Oh by the way the rangie is doing well

Russ

Dunc

like i said i will see how ours at work are fitted and if there happens to be some more bits needed they may find their way to you, but dont hold your breath the MT section can be tight.

Oh by the way the rangie is doing well

Russ

Thanks very much.

Glad to hear Truck is ok, she's a wonderful girl.

• 6 months later...

Hi, sorry this a really old post, but I've just got myself some load area wolf seats and am wondering the same question about fitting them to my 90 (not MOD spec).

Does any one have any pics, it does look like the bracket needs some box section to sit on, so I think something will have to be made.

Thanks

Steve

Hi, sorry this a really old post, but I've just got myself some load area wolf seats and am wondering the same question about fitting them to my 90 (not MOD spec).

Does any one have any pics, it does look like the bracket needs some box section to sit on, so I think something will have to be made.

Thanks

Steve

I made mine from some aluminium i had which has a slight swan-neck in it. Same stuff they make Lotus Elise chassis from!

Worked perfectly with a couple of big rivets.

• 2 weeks later...
Hiya Russ,

Well, i'm 'told' that the Wolf spec seats are tubular framed and these are certainly tube framed. Exmoor Trim also sell Wolf Spec Rear Seats and these look identical to the pics on their website.

I'm afraid i can't be any more specific than that mate, sorry.

They look to me like there should be some sort of mounting plinth underneath the foot on the frame to lift the whole assembly about an inch. This would then put the top mount on the backrest inline with the holes under the rear window in the tub where the normal seat mounts.

Maybe i should just make some spacers and stop posting questions!!! :rolleyes:

I now have my seats and have offerered them up in the back.

Its interesting that you say that your top mounts are to low because they're ment to fit snug up under the windows in the tub. Whereas my mounts seem to be too high!

Does anybody have any pics of there rear seats please?

Thanks

Steve

Does anybody have any pics of there rear seats please?

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

As promised, here are some photos of the rear seats of my XD90 that I took tonight as well as one from the archive

I've tried to show as much detail as possible. If you have the 110 seats, they are the same, just a little longer

post-7284-1206990679_thumb.jpg

post-7284-1206990692_thumb.jpg

post-7284-1206990856_thumb.jpg

post-7284-1206991112_thumb.jpg

Steve,

As promised, here are some photos of the rear seats of my XD90 that I took tonight as well as one from the archive

I've tried to show as much detail as possible. If you have the 110 seats, they are the same, just a little longer

Thanks for the pics.

It seems that I do not have the black metal panel that is sandwiched between the tub and seats. Is this extra panel standard to the XD90?

I will have to do a bit of modification!

Steve

Thanks for the pics.

It seems that I do not have the black metal panel that is sandwiched between the tub and seats. Is this extra panel standard to the XD90?

I will have to do a bit of modification!

Steve

Steve,

My pleasure. The panels are bog standard on the XD spec, as this vehicle is as genuine as they come

Those panels, like all Wolf/XD parts can be ordered from your Land Rover dealer