TAY FOREST AFTERMATH

saley

how did the new winch get on Daan?

Very well... on stage 1.

It worked fine there, but when I spooled it in at the end, I did my usual 3rd gear high rev thing to speed up spooling. It spooled faster than the speed of light and the hook got jammed in the fairlead and broke the mainshaft.

Jou plonker is all my codriver could say!

We fitted my old winch again, which saw us competing in the afternoon and sunday without to many problems. Our teammates were having trouble of their own, with smoking winches, flat tyres, broken ropes and loss of brakes on sunday afternoon.

I can still look back on a good weekend competing, it is a good event and many things happened as always. No bad feelings (apart from my **** up of course!).

We drove back the 500 miles without problems.

Daan

Ban trailers blah.gif

:o:o ,no dont! dont fancy driving all that way on simexs :D .What a shame we havent got a site like that a bit nearer,roll on next year.As Jim said,i think early entries will be called for next year.This is a "must do" event

Paul(note:must remember midge repellant next year :blink: )

Our teammates were having trouble of their own, with smoking winches, flat tyres, broken ropes and loss of brakes on sunday afternoon.

Apologies to Andylandy, this was no dig at our teammates, I know you guys put the best effort into this and I enjoyed it very much.

Daan

how many people would be interested in an event with a similar format based in mid wales tuff terrains or tomys during the christmas to newy year holiday period?

Oh yes ! Deffo , Tommys is fine for a one dayer , Perhaps Seven Sisters for another and then we could all pile up to Steve and Pikeys place and go on the lash :lol::lol::lol:

Was that all ;):P:P

Still got back in just over 8.5 hr's............ Steffan was asleep! :unsure::lol:

Bloody Ell,you wernt hanging about?? we set off at 6,got home at quarter to 1,up again at 6:30 for the buxton and district playday on monday.

Washed motor today and have a list of damages :( upto now

2xrear radius arms

2x qt diff guards

1x handbrake drum(6"lump smashed out :blink: )

1x 300 tdi sump

1x steering guard

1xrear propshaft

severalx lamp lenses

1x roof lamp

lotsx paint&panel beating

Oh,and Daan,as for keeping me awake-i dont think even driving all that way on simexs with a straight through 300tdi exhaust would have kept me awake,could have slept on a washing line on sunday monday morning

Paul ;)

QUOTE(robhybrid @ Aug 29 2007, 10:32 PM) *

how many people would be interested in an event with a similar format based in mid wales tuff terrains or tomys during the christmas to newy year holiday period?

Rob

we discussed this ourselves on the way down too. If you like we should get together at 7-sisters this weekend and talk through a few options. Time to start sounding out the Forestry Enterprise me thinks.

Mark

Toms farm used to be the scene of many events a few years ago and they where excellent...........

However the problem lies in the fact that Tom will not close the site while the event is on......... :blink:

This means that come Sunday you have all the D*ckheads getting in the way on motor bikes and other 4x4's

Very frustrating :(

Not to mention an insurance issue.

But if you need help, please ask. Would be more than happy to help set up more events in the South, East or West, not bothered :)

Jim :)

However the problem lies in the fact that Tom will not close the site while the event is on......... :blink:

This means that come Sunday you have all the D*ckheads getting in the way on motor bikes and other 4x4's

Jim :)

Not a problem Jim,i am sure we could use them as obstacles,instead of crossing fallen trees like at the TFC,have suzukis and motorcycles to waffle over :lol:

Paul ;)

Tommys is fine for one day , This was were Martin Lewis held the Tuff Trucks Trophy a few years ago , But as Jim has said there are some major insurance issues to be addressed with all users still zooming around all over the place ,

But a winch pull up the widow maker would be interesting ??

I know that in the south west there are enough sites that are located within a 50 mile radius to run a 3 dayer on a simular format to the other major events , With compulsary camping at each venue held over two nights .

So Mr Trembath what dya recon , This could be the one .???

The best format in our opinion when we looked into this........

30 teams broken down in to groups of 5, using six sites over three days................

Now were talking........

Just need enough on each site to occupy 5 cars for 4 hours and allow 1hr, say between 12 and 1pm for swapping sites.

Sections start at the time laid down at the beginning of the event, if your late due to losing your way or breakages, tough.

This gives 8 hours offroading for three days for thirty teams..........

Just need 6 reasonable sites and some good ideas, trying very hard not to over do the hunt the punch........ :)

Just an idea

Jim

Ps: Giving an hour window between sites allows the use of sites many miles from each other. Iyt's how you set up the 'round robin' that is important.

• 1 month later...