110 SW Seatbelts

Evening all,

how the heck does a 110 SW front seatbelt fit together, I've got the reel bolted to the seat box in the rear passenger footwell and also the hoop on the 'b' post, however the end of the seatbelt goes somewhere but I cannot see where...

can anyone have a quick look for me! :)

Thanks

Matt

bracket held in by 3 small (prob M6) bolts in the bottom rear corner of the door frame, fitted to the outside of the seat box just a few inches from the middle row bottom door hinge

camera is elsewhere at the moment sorry...

bracket held in by 3 small (prob M6) bolts in the bottom rear corner of the door frame, fitted to the outside of the seat box just a few inches from the middle row bottom door hinge

camera is elsewhere at the moment sorry...

Thanks for that, the reason I cannot find it is the bracket is not fitted to my seatbox, need to order the strengthening bits for both sides before I can drive it...

its the bit that item 2 attaches too :rolleyes:

post-10-1188238906_thumb.jpg

Wow, thats 'novel' does it pass MOTs like that ? (or the Irish equivalent)

You reckon it's a bodge? :o

It's the same on both sides. Has previously passed MOT in Northern Ireland.

Haven't errrrmm, "got around", to the Irish equivalent (NCT) just yet.

You reckon it's a bodge? :o

It's the same on both sides. Has previously passed MOT in Northern Ireland.

Haven't errrrmm, "got around", to the Irish equivalent (NCT) just yet.

Hi Gromit,

Sorry to say but those rails/seat belts don't belong in a Land Rover, and are compromising your safety!

They have been taken from a two door car and fit on the inner sill below the 'B' post. Their purpose is to allow the vertical part of the seat belt to slide backwards so that when you fold the seat forward to climb in the back of the car from which they were taken, you don't trip over the belt.

In normal operation in the car the end of the seat belt will become 'hooked' in the curved end of the rail, and will provide the necessary support and location for the end of the belt.

With them fitted where they are in your Land Rover, in a big smash, the rail will allow the seat belt and you to slide forward, and/or the bar will bend upwards in the middle where the seatbelt is looped round. This point would not normally see the load in a crash in a two door car as mentioned, because the rail is further back compared to the seat, and the belt end ends up in the stronger loop near one of the mounting points.

That rail is also only fitted to the thin aluminium of the seat box! Which the mountings may well rip out of in a crash!

The correct land rover mountings are the steel brackets shown in the other post, which bolt to the steel sill section and the upright bit at the bottom of the ‘B’ post.

If you look in the bottom corner of your picture, you can see the thin plastic strip which is designed to keep the original seatbelt close to the seat box to prevent it getting trapped in the door lock.

I would definitely NOT rely on those seatbelts as shown!

The fact that it has passed an MOT is irrelevant, the tester will not necessarily notice the finer detail of a non standard installation.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Diff

Evening all,

how the heck does a 110 SW front seatbelt fit together, I've got the reel bolted to the seat box in the rear passenger footwell and also the hoop on the 'b' post, however the end of the seatbelt goes somewhere but I cannot see where...

can anyone have a quick look for me! :)

Thanks

Matt

the rear corner bracket is part of the LR Genuine front seat belt assembly But EPC shows 2 parts 345100 & 345101 for LH & RH sides to fit at the bottom sill to B post corner with the belt bolted to it.