Orbit-eye

oddballrovers

I can think of more important things to spend £85 on, but if you were to, then I would suspect it is just a case of pressing the old out, and pressing the new in..... oh and the new set of springs you'll need unless you already have them ;)

TBH I think the springs are the thing that limits Series articulation - if you haven't got parabolics, they would be a better investment. Longer shocks would be the next thing, although most people do springs & ProComp shocks at the same time.

With a totally non-special setup I can flex my parabolics flat / max out a 14" shock. I do have slightly extended shock mounts to accommodate ;) but the springs are normal LWB HD paras.

I just realised I haven't tried my Gon2far mounts or revolvers yet :rolleyes:

TBH I think the springs are the thing that limits Series articulation - if you haven't got parabolics, they would be a better investment. Longer shocks would be the next thing, although most people do springs & ProComp shocks at the same time.

With a totally non-special setup I can flex my parabolics flat / max out a 14" shock. I do have slightly extended shock mounts to accommodate ;) but the springs are normal LWB HD paras.

I just realised I haven't tried my Gon2far mounts or revolvers yet :rolleyes:

I agree with the above. The other thing that I would add is that Series springs, standard or parabolic are short, therefore less flexy. Longer springs would also be another viable mod.

I have RM parabolics, Revolver shackles, and long travel shocks. I get more travel than a Defender 90 with a 2"- 3" lift (retained springs) and offroad ride quality is about the same as said coiler. I use Land Rover rubber bushes.

Hi Folks

I think Imust just sort off describe my setup, its a light LWT, TIC paras front and rear, Procomp chocks as per Gon2Far but not as solid, more race car like tovers out off 10x20mm tube.Home mad props out off agrieculturalstuff and some LR yokes.

I can not run revolvers and I can not alter the spring mount to some pivoting type, ( MOT wiill not allow) so unles somebody has new ideas my last thing is to somehow do something to the longitudinal spring twist.

So tell me where it is better to go and spend my 85£ so I get more travel.

The problem is most pronounsed going up hill and some one have diged holes and cros axle comes in.

since it is upwards there is not so much load on the springs to fully compres them.... result no contact with the ground.

Ole.

If that's your setup, then yes, you probably are at the far end of leaf-sprung articulation, and they would most likely help you out here!

Original reply was based on you haveing no major mods, but as you have......... :)

Let us know how you get on mate ;)