300TDi Disco questions.

Les Henson

Some friends of mine just bought a very nice 300TDi Disco and I have a few questions please.

What's the fuel capacity of the tank?

What MPG can they expect with normal road use?

The door key doesn't lock, but does unlock (only the fob locks the doors)

You can't centrally lock the vehicle and activate the immobiliser/alarm with the key - only the fob. Is this correct?

Is the rear door lock/pin adjustable to stop rear door rattle?

Ta gents.

Les. :)

around town im probably looking at 24mpg on a run 28maybe better mine locks the same as you have described if you lock driverd door with the key i think it disables the sensor movement so you can leave dog etc in vehicle with out alarm activation yes the rear door striker is adjustable as i adjusted mine fuel tank i think is 70 litres probably wrong but someone will correct this chris

Hi,

I get around 24 mpg on local runs 300 AUTO, around 29 on a run , but mine has roof rack, Ezi-Awn and jerry cans on permantly.

Wife gets 27mpg local and 35 on a run hers is also 300Auto.

Door locking same as mine

yes you can adjust the rear door for rattles, done that.

19 gallon fuel tank or 84 liters

Regards

Keith

The door key doesn't lock, but does unlock (only the fob locks the doors)

You can't centrally lock the vehicle and activate the immobiliser/alarm with the key - only the fob. Is this correct?

Is the rear door lock/pin adjustable to stop rear door rattle?

It should lock with the key whch disables the interior sensor as Pinny said - but activates the "perimetric alarm" (fancy way of saying doors and bonnet) so you can lock errant children in the car to keep them out of the way etc. If locked with the key you need to unlock with the plip or it will go boooop boooop flashflashflashflash etc. Locking with the plip activates all alarm systems including interior sensor so if you do this with a window open (or a troublesome child contained within) the alarm will usually go off.

Most likely cause is probably the doodah in the door lock which senses the key movement. Not sure how hard it is to change though...

Yes the rear door can be fiddled with to de-rattle it also check for the bottom hinge being bent - often happens here caused by people letting the door go in the wind!

Most likely cause is probably the doodah in the door lock which senses the key movement. Not sure how hard it is to change though...

Well go and find out and let me know please - it's not like you have anything else to do.................

Waiting..........

Les. :angry:

You can wait a bit longer pal, some of us have work to do and can't spend all bluddy day posting tripe on a website

erm

um

oops

bullet holes in both feet there :D

I think it's probably part of the lock/latch assy anyway so you might as well take that out and have a look while you are waiting ;)

Where is that Ralph person when you need him? :unsure:

tank is 84ltrs had to fill up on sat managed to get 83.8 ltrs in (guessing it was a bit low)

I usually get between 520 and 550 miles to a full tank so around 26 or 28 to a gal

need to do my back door as well guessing the strike plate needs to go up and back(towards the front of the car) a fraction

Nick

I get about 30mpg mixed driving, 35mpg on a long run, driving with a gentle right foot - less if I give it some welly (but it's a Tdi, so there's not much point - it's still slow :rolleyes:). That's in a stock 300Tdi manual.

If locked with the key you need to unlock with the plip or it will go boooop boooop flashflashflashflash etc.

Eh? :blink:

If locked with the plip it must also be unlocked with the plip, but if it's locked with the key it can be unlocked with either. My parents didn't use the plips for years after they packed up (same dodgy connection in both of them).

If locked with the plip it must also be unlocked with the plip, but if it's locked with the key it can be unlocked with either. My parents didn't use the plips for years after they packed up (same dodgy connection in both of them).

Not on mine or any other two button 1996 onwards alarm system I have seen (which is quite a few, due to the job...)

Maybe UK spec is different then.

• 1 year later...

My haynes manual quotes 89 litres for the fuel tank, and i've had nearly that put in it when i bought the thing. chap sold it completely dry.

My 97 Disco usually gets anything from 24-29mpg with mainly very short journeys, most of my journeys are roughly 5 or 6 miles, on a run it can be pretty good though, but when you average it over the tank its about 25odd mpg. basically about 450-500 miles to a full tank

Some friends of mine just bought a very nice 300TDi Disco and I have a few questions please.

What's the fuel capacity of the tank? 89ltrs

What MPG can they expect with normal road use? We get 33mpg from ours all day long, on a recent trip inc off-road and carrying loads of spares - 33mpg

The door key doesn't lock, but does unlock (only the fob locks the doors) The door key should lock & unlock the doors, but does not turn on the internal alarm sensors.

You can't centrally lock the vehicle and activate the immobiliser/alarm with the key - only the fob. Is this correct? No it's not correct - see above

Is the rear door lock/pin adjustable to stop rear door rattle? Yes it is.

Ta gents.

Les. :)

Hi Les, how you doing. Just got back from a little jaunt to Morocco - 4500mls in 3 weeks - great fun !!!

Cheers

Dave