Temperature measurment

LR90

OK, I'm still bother by my 90's temp gauge (which I now notice drops on RH bends!).

So before I start swapping all sorts of bits out what are the recommendations for some form of temp probe to add to my limited toolkit so I can check the temp of block, rad headers, ... whatever and see if I really do have a problem.

I stuck on the thermostat housing. Seemed fine and I guess intended as an air temp gauge but even so you'd think it would be easier to just read out the temp that revert to HI once past 70.0C

Trev,

I have used the IR type and can recommend them. They are not affected by the cooling air of the fan and you simply point the laser marker on the surface you wish to measure and then read the display. They are also a useful tool for locating problems such as missfire by pointing at the injector or exhaust area and seeing which one is lowest. All in all i would say its been a good investment and not that expensive.

Nigel