what would you do

stripy

hyperthetically

what would you do if you had a 300tdi auto & the head gasket has just blown, now it has started to run on its own oil (dont forget its a auto).

if you leave it in gear it will keep the revs down but you cant get out.

if you put it in "p" and get out, it will now be going into warp factor.

i guess the only way to kill the engine is to starve it of air, but by the time you get out open the bonnet take your shirt of and stuff it in the air intake it'll be knocking like a good'un

whats your thoughts..................

Guest diesel_jim

Aim it at a wall/field/gaggle of chavs, stick it in "D", jump out, watch the crash and then phone your insurance, tell them some chav pikie kid nicked it and totalled it.

Aim it at a wall/field/gaggle of chavs, stick it in "D", jump out, watch the crash and then phone your insurance, tell them some chav pikie kid nicked it and totalled it.

:hysterical:

Seriously, while Jim's suggestion is sound in many respects, air starvation is the answer though I don't know how you'd do it without any assistance :unsure:

thats the one :hysterical:

in a disco, should have said ralph :i-m_so_happy:

If you put the engine in 'D' with the handbrake on, wouldn't that at least restrict the revs to some extent and give you more time to stop the engine?

Les.

i would think it would be a struggle for the handbrake if the engins trying to run at full chat, and i for one would'nt want to stand in front fiddlin with the bonnet catch :ph34r: