Turbo exchange, any good?

mike4444244

Hi Guys

just drove my 110 for the first time in 22 months following a protracted chassis swap that nearly turned into a vapour rebuild, drove 25 miles home last night for MOT this am, however theres a horrendous whine from the turbo and absolutely no power, on closer inspection the vanes?/fan blade things are missing big chunks!

Need to get a recon one asap then so I can get throught the MOT and get down the fabricators for my new cage :)

I found Turbo exchange HERE does anyone have any recommendations before I go and spend a probably hideous amount of money :)

Thanks

Mike

I couldn't find any prices... At least here (Sweden) it's cheaper to buy a brand new turbo from Paddock's than to have the old one overhauled or exchanged by the leading domestic expert.

Hi

Just checked paddocks..... £404 :o

defo think i'm going down the recon route, at least these guys offer a 12 month warranty!

mike

edited to say i just got a quote for £395 off turbo exchange for a recon one!

any other companies around? like the sound of £170 better :)

Hi John,

I'm getting mine repaired at turbo centre, they will fix mine and let me know what happened to it hopefully, will have a years guarantee anyway :)

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my k&n filter having seen that other post re bore wear...

we'll see what the engineers report says!

mike