2007 defender forward facing rear seats

was looking at these on the 2007 110 we had a fire duty over the last bank holiday weekend, seems to be a bit involved with the seat mounts on top of the wheelboxes, but should be just a nut & bolt removal job, looks like the plastic turret covers come off first then the seat swivel bar & seat then the 4 turrets.

was looking at these on the 2007 110 we had a fire duty over the last bank holiday weekend, seems to be a bit involved with the seat mounts on top of the wheelboxes, but should be just a nut & bolt removal job, looks like the plastic turret covers come off first then the seat swivel bar & seat then the 4 turrets.

I need to remove my rear seats in my 07my 90. Need the load space and no one ever goes in the back anyway. Does anyone know if the 90 hardtop rubber loadspace mat will fit if the seats are removed? Thanks. Jonathan

Yes the mat should fit no problem.

I've done quite the opposite and am using the 90 loadspace mat that has done service in my last four Defenders in the back of my new 110XS, I just had to trim the sides a bit to make clearance to allow the seats to fold down and lock in place.

As Ralph says removing the back seats should be a simple nut and bolt job. Hasn't Tim done this in his 110?

Hasn't Tim done this in his 110?

He was talking about it but I don't think he has yet. I keeping waiting for someone to be the guinea pig as there are times when I'd like the space - although to be fair so far its been fine with them in.

Hasn't Tim done this in his 110?

In a word NO,, not as yet needed the extra space, but will be come the next event !!

I have found with the middle and rear seats half folded , makes a good flat platform to lay the boats sails on, when they are folded in 3,

From what I can see if it's just the seats you want out then just undo and remove the bolts on the two floor brackets per seat on which they swivel.

med_gallery_12_276_465617.jpg

If you want to remove the catch on the wheelarch then undo the plastic cover screw and undo the securing bolts. Same applies for the floor brackets above too.