Rear top shock mount

nas90

Has this been discussed in these learned pages?

I need to drop the top mount height for the rear shocks on the nas there are some advertised on scrapiron have we discussed it here and if so where to buy and any snags.

I have fitted Simon's bling coils but Ranchos are not allowing enough droop, will need to adjust bump stops, can easily waterjet some spacers to suit.

Ta

Dave

Dave,

You could just cut some plates that allow you to fit your existing shock mounts lower down - you can then make them to what you need rather than a pre-determinned drop. I have just made something very similar, so feel free to drop round if you want a looksee.

Mark

don't drop the mount, fit longer shocks! if anything, move the mount up.

dropping the mount won't really get you any more travel, it'll just move what travel you have.

The rear air adjustable Ranchos are only 12 months old so a bit tight fisted to put some more new shocks on the rear, but I understand your concern and I may just have to get longer shocks and move the location up.

If the location goes up then what are the buying options?

Dave,

You could just cut some plates that allow you to fit your existing shock mounts lower down - you can then make them to what you need rather than a pre-determinned drop. I have just made something very similar, so feel free to drop round if you want a looksee.

Mark

Mark, that we be good, sometime Saturday if you can? With laser and waterjet available I can make some really bling plates!

Just to be clear the maxtraction and Gwyn's mounts add to shock height, they don't reduce it. AS LR 90 says Gwyn's design is good though if you are going to make up a plate to lower mount to height you need.

As for lowering the mount, the fact is on a Defender rear it works very well. It depends on shock but with +2" decarbon shocks and -2" mounts there wasn't a need to extend bump stop to stop the shock bottoming out.

If you don't go down the plate route Dave, I'll have a pair of [whisper]scorpion[/whisper] -2" rear mounts available as soo as I get round to moving the fuel filter and fitting the Gwyn Lewis mounts I've had since May :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also if you wanted to buy new LRS Offroad sell the Equipe ones, which scrapiron copied in the first place.

Cheers

Steve