Sterling regulator for 2nd Alternator

tomster

Hi, I´m new to this board and i have a actual question:

I´m in the process to add a 2nd alternator to my 4.0 TJ. The original alt is a 120A unit and the 2nd one is a 150A Bosch out of a Mercedes Sprinter.

The plan is to run both alts on one single Optima yellow top 75Ah.

Since the 150A alt has no regulator onboard, i think about to add a Sterling power digital regulator.

What do you guys think about this plan? Have you any sugestion? Any expirience with Sterling regulators?

How you conected the 2nd Alternator ?

THANX TOM

Hi, I´m new to this board and i have a actual question:

I´m in the process to add a 2nd alternator to my 4.0 TJ. The original alt is a 120A unit and the 2nd one is a 150A Bosch out of a Mercedes Sprinter.

The plan is to run both alts on one single Optima yellow top 75Ah.

Since the 150A alt has no regulator onboard, i think about to add a Sterling power digital regulator.

What do you guys think about this plan? Have you any sugestion? Any expirience with Sterling regulators?

How you conected the 2nd Alternator ?

THANX TOM

I have 2 alternators but 2 battery banks, most people run 1 alternator even with 2 battery banks. I would suggest 1 BIG alternator if you only need 1 battery and 75AH isn't going to store the potential of 2 alternators very well. I am only guessing here but I think you will have some problems feeding 2 alternators into 1 battery. Outputs fighting each other. Why not just put a 200A on enstead probably cheaper aswell. I am only guessing here so I wont feel bad if you say OH YES YOU CAN.

Gaza