EuroChallenge 2007

najw

Three weeks today, 35 teams will be gathering at Kirton Off Road Centre for the EuroChallenge 2007

Unfortunately quite a few non-UK teams have withdrawn their entries at the last minute :(

But that's not going to affect us one bit :blink:

The following teams will battle it out for the honours

Number Driver Co-driver Vehicle CLASS

1 Adrian Turner Richard Weatherly LR 90 Trayback A

2 Alan Kemp Dafydd Belton Defender 90 A

3 Andy Nash TBC Land Rover 90 A

4 Chris Abel Tom Butler Range Rover A

6 Dave Herrington Peter Herrington Land Rover 90 A

7 Dave Sharp Malcolm Thurston Mod LR 90 TD5 B

8 Elwyn Griffiths Ryan Gething Defender 90 B

9 Eric Toyne James Toyne Defender 90 A

10 Freddie Rothwell Chris Hunter Land Rover 90 A

11 Glyn Yates Barrie Gee Land Rover 90 A

12 Robert Jones Darren Cheshire Land Rover 90 A

14 Jim Marsden Gary Smith LR 100" TD5 A

15 John Sales Tom Booth Range Rover Hybrid A

16 Mark Gadsby Rob James Defender 90 A

17 Mark Wilson Lee Marchant Defender 90 A

20 Peter Jackson Richard Norris Range Rover Bob Tail A

21 Richard Nicolson Nik Tall Land Rover 90 A

22 Simon Wilkinson Leigh Brown Defender 90 A

23 Steve Jeffries Pete Cooper Suzuki Samurai A

24 Steve Lait Nick Slade Suzuki SJ A

25 Sue Gawne Kevin Moss Range Rover Bob Tail B

27 Zoltan Guzi Stefan Lotz Defender 90 A

28 Paul Bass TBC Land Rover 90 A

29 Mark Birch Simon Essam Land Rover 90 B

30 Craig Howard Malcolm Burman Land Rover 90 A

31 Daniel Furniss Lee Bond Merdedes G Wagon A

32 Phil Day Brian Clegg Range Rover A

33 Christian Rooke Greg Metcalf Land Rover 100" Hybrid A

34 Mark England Paul Hutchings Land Rover 90 A

35 Clive Billing Luke Billing Defender 90 A

36 Justin Degan Gary Sprigmore Defender 90 A

37 Philon Partpottas Cyprus TBC Land Rover Discovery A

38 Stephan Pracht Germany Daniel Fabb Land Rover Defender A

39 Vincent Taverne Belgium Fredirick van Deurnen Discovery pick-up A

40 Dave Crossman TBC Discovery A

Well my number board's came in the post yesterday........ look's like i'll have to knock the dent's out from the night stage at 7/sister's before i stick then on :P as i'm carrying number 1 you can all form a queue behind me at the start.............................................. and finish :unsure::P i hope!

I'll be fitting some new tyre's for this event....7.50 a/t's as i here it'll be dry!

Or i'll have the portal's and 38.5 Irok's on :ph34r:

Adrian don't forget the stabilizers that go with them portals :P

Yeah yeah, heard that one before :lol: !

I was hoping to get the Disc conversion on before the euro and also need to find some 8x16 landrover stud pattern 5.5 inch back spaced rims but there is no way thats going to happen, im off to greese for a week next weekend B) Ill just have to manage with dodgy brakes again :unsure:

Saley,

is it worth me getting a hotel or not ?, just wondering if you were going to last more than an hour this time!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Twiggy,

Just remember Tong your motor didn't even make it out of your garage :lol::lol::lol:

i hope it lasts the weekend but KORC as broke the heap on the last 2 comps :angry::angry:

Hows everyone else's preparations going? We're ordering some more mud for the mud run as this seems to be in sort supply at the moment, water however is still available in large quantities. See you there.

All was going well until this weekend, now i've got to fit a new front o/s shaft and back steering bar and fix a puncher, plus have a look at the wiring and then load on new winch rope's, but other than that we're ready :P:lol:

Hi John, you not working then!!

I have to fit a new chain to hydro pump, sort out my dodgy verrrrrrrrrrry expensive volvo track rod end, do a complete respray, change a tyre and refit the stauns, new wiper blades, make a ground anchor, redo the fittings for ground anchor and waffles, fit a snorkel, hell I'd better get a move on...

sorry to be of topic but.

does any one live near BOMAG member :389 they live in chertsey, surrey. i could do with a rad i am buying of them bring up to kirton. im a will to pay in beer or hard cash for its safe delivery. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

swanny

does any one live near BOMAG member :389 they live in chertsey, surrey. i could do with a rad i am buying of them bring up to kirton. im a will to pay in beer or hard cash for its safe delivery. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

swanny

From Chertsey either Andy, Phil or Steve should be able to help, I'll email them for you

Not wishing to stir up a hornets nest, but still interested, with 40 entrants each paying £195 entry fee (total £7,800) why is the prize fund just £670? (€1000)

I know you have to pay for site, loos, stickers, t-shirts, hazard tape ;) , etc but even considering this with Sponsors and spectator ticket revenue on top, a hell of a lot of entry fee doesn't seem to be accounted for. Surely this should be channelled into a bigger prize fund??

I have no problem with the AWDC making a profit, as some other events they put on no doubt make a loss, but it seems a low prize fund considering the revenue stream. Does the AWDC get 100% of profits?

btw, I'm not saying that there needs to be a bigger prize fund to attract entrants, your entry list proves that, but I feel that the prizes should reflect the income acheived in staging the event.

Cheers

Steve

Not wishing to stir up a hornets nest, but still interested, with 40 entrants each paying £195 entry fee (total £7,800) why is the prize fund just £670? (€1000)

I know you have to pay for site, loos, stickers, t-shirts, hazard tape ;) , etc but even considering this with Sponsors and spectator ticket revenue on top, a hell of a lot of entry fee doesn't seem to be accounted for. Surely this should be channelled into a bigger prize fund??

I have no problem with the AWDC making a profit, as some other events they put on no doubt make a loss, but it seems a low prize fund considering the revenue stream. Does the AWDC get 100% of profits?

btw, I'm not saying that there needs to be a bigger prize fund to attract entrants, your entry list proves that, but I feel that the prizes should reflect the income acheived in staging the event.

Cheers

Steve

Old chestnut here

Cheers

Steve

The prize fund is being put up by Scorpion Racing and has nothing to do with the income of the event.

As Event organiser and person responsible for the budget I can honestly tell you that with the level of entries we currently have (against the originally planned 50) the profit from this event is currently around £500. (Five Hundred)

That will probably all but disappear in the next week once we get on site and realise there is other stuff we need.

In the interests of openness this is what we are currently spending the entry fees on

Site Fee

Insurance and MSA Permit

Marquee

Generators

Lighting Towers

Toilets

Showers

Wooden Stakes

Bunting

Marshals Food

Programme Printing

Trophies

Waste Skip

Paramedics

Diesel Pump

Stationery

Signage

Table & Chair Hire

I do hope you are able to come along to the event and see how/why the money has been spent

swanny

Swanny no problem mate pm me the details and it shall be done.