Wolf wide track trailers

cold_n_wet

L&G,

Does any one have any information on the hydraulic brakes fitted to the wolf trailers.

I tried to contact Universal engineering who gave me the blow off, archives, cost more to look then trailers worth etc MOD information.

The vehicle inspectors here in Norway will not let me get the trailer approved for road use without documentation on the braking system.

Has this information ever been released ? got forbid if the enemy every got there hands on it.....

I am in particular looking for brake tests.

Glen

L&G,

Does any one have any information on the hydraulic brakes fitted to the wolf trailers.

I tried to contact Universal engineering who gave me the blow off, archives, cost more to look then trailers worth etc MOD information.

The vehicle inspectors here in Norway will not let me get the trailer approved for road use without documentation on the braking system.

Has this information ever been released ? got forbid if the enemy every got there hands on it.....

I am in particular looking for brake tests.

Glen

I think you'll be very lucky to find this sort of detailed information. The only guy that may be able to help is Clive Elliot on the HMVF or EMLRA forums. You may be able to get the manuals from vintagemanuals on ebay Mk 3 manual

Judging from your nick, you were at the Gudvangen meet... :lol:

When I registered my narrow track in your eastern naboland, the easiest way was to get it as unbraked. I didn't think that there was a chance to get hold of any documentation. The brakes are still there though and fully functional.

But you have other speed limits in Norway than we have, right?

Yeah, I was at Gudvangen, but I was warm and dry in a cabin.

I could remove the brakes, but as the trailer is 560 kg I could only legally load 210 kg.

Which would not be alot.

Another angle is to approach an engineering company and ask them to reverse engineer the test on the brakes and find out if they are good enough.

Thanks for all the advice,

Glen

Russ,

I need some information on the braking effect or what the maximum load on the brakes would be, I know the trailers are rated for 750 kg load but the brakes should handle more.

Brakes diameter,

Brake caliper type / manufacturer.

Maximum braking load.

If any paperwork is available showing the engineering calculations / test performed that would be great.

The other alternative which I am not sure they would let me do, is to put a 1000 liter tank on the trailer, fill it with 250 litres, and put it on a brake tester, then 500 litres then 750 litres then 1000 litres just to prove that the brakes are good enough.

Glen

Russ,

I need some information on the braking effect or what the maximum load on the brakes would be, I know the trailers are rated for 750 kg load but the brakes should handle more.

Brakes diameter,

Brake caliper type / manufacturer.

Maximum braking load.

If any paperwork is available showing the engineering calculations / test performed that would be great.

The other alternative which I am not sure they would let me do, is to put a 1000 liter tank on the trailer, fill it with 250 litres, and put it on a brake tester, then 500 litres then 750 litres then 1000 litres just to prove that the brakes are good enough.

Glen

I will see what i can get mate

Russ

• 3 weeks later...