Wheel and tyre help

Ryan

Help! I looking to get a set of 5x 245/70x16 MT tyres (Colway or similar) on 5x silver or grey modulars fairly quickly (hopefully before 7 Sisters on 21st Sept. The supplier I was going to use (Tyres Direct) have let me down a bit as they are out of stock of the wheels and their wheel supplier keeps putting the delivery dates back (the latest date is 29th Sept). I need the tyres fitted to the wheels, balanced, and delivered mainland UK.

Any suggestions for a reliable supplier and good value for money deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Apparently colways supply their steel 8 spokes and there has been a supply problem ……… I understand that this will not be fixed until mid Oct ………….. I had exactly the same problem with some 8 spokes that I needed for a Zuk ………….

Give Anton a call at OEC ………….. he got me the tyres and the wheels within 48 hours ;) …………….although they did not come as a package and I had to get the tyres fitted to the wheels (I think tyres direct etc get them as a fitted package direct from Colway). ………………. the price I paid was not too much different from a package price e …………. exceptional value.

:)

Ian

Wheels you pilchard not tyres. A 245 fits perfectly on a Disco rim. However I might have some 7x16 gayspokes to get you out of the poohey stuff

Sorry, 7x16 modulars is what I'm after. I've got Discovery steel wheels at the moment but they would need a bit of fettling if I wanted to put new tyres on them.

Best quote I'm getting so far is Sowden Tyres, but everything has to come seperately as they are having the same probs with Colway's wheels. That's going to be a bit of a problem as I haven't really got anywhere to store them and I might have a bit of trouble getting the wheels and tyres into the back of the Discovery. Although at a push, I might be able to pursuade a friendly tyre fitter to have a go at the rims if I just order the tyres for now...not ideal...

Actually, just to be awkward, I'm now probably going to go for tyres with a bit more tread. I've been guided toward the Malatesta Kobra (similar to the Greenway Machos but available in 245/70x16) but it appears they are only available from Bronco.

:rolleyes:

Arrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!!! Tyres!!!! Tyres!!!! Now nobody seems to have what I was thinking about as second choice i.e. the Kobras.

It looks like I'm going to have to go for the Colway MTs afterall. I know they are quite populat, but is that because they are good, or because they are value for money (cheap :D)? Does the 14mm of tread last a while? Just so you know, I'm going for mud tyres as I am a little limited at what I can do on the driving days, but they will get quite a bit of road mileage (at least 360 mile round trip to Seven Sisters if I can get them sorted by then :lol: ).

Ryan