Salisbury front 110 axle pads

66gaza

Can someone confirm if the above P/N is correct and does anyone know if they are worth paying the extra for? They are supposed to be harder wearing etc etc.

My front axle is the one with the wider ventilated discs from an armoured 110 as I have seen some front salisburys with non vented discs. The standard pads will fit but would like to know if there is a real difference or not. Thanks

P.S a quick response would be appreciated as my dad is at the LR peterborough show and has bought a pair and wants to know if I want some.

Gaza

Guest diesel_jim

I've got the salisbury brakes fited to the front of my 90, i just use normal pads. i could only see the advantage of using the harder pads (a bit like the mintex Green pads) if you're driving heavily loaded/trailer work/like you stole it.

plus it'll wear the disks out quicker... and have you seen the price of them!? and you hardly ever see them from the likes of craddocks etc very often.

I've got the salisbury brakes fited to the front of my 90, i just use normal pads. i could only see the advantage of using the harder pads (a bit like the mintex Green pads) if you're driving heavily loaded/trailer work/like you stole it.

plus it'll wear the disks out quicker... and have you seen the price of them!? and you hardly ever see them from the likes of craddocks etc very often.

Hi Jim, so they are no better apart from they are harder? do they have better fade resistance? I agree about changing the pads rather than the discs. I bought a spare set of discs years ago £50 the pair.

Gaza

• 3 months later...
To save me stripping down my front axle - can someone tell me if the front salisbury has larger CV's than a 110 or are they the same and are the shafts any different to a 110 front ?

Everything from the axle end out is standard 110, the 1/2 shafts are front sal specific though.

Gaza

Guest diesel_jim

I've got a parts list here for a salisbury front axle if you need to know anything, but as gazza says, from the swivel hub outwards, they're just plain normal rover axle bits.

the shafts are "thick" where they go into the axle, then slim down to fit the CV joint, and you can get "early" (AEU2522 type CV's) and "late" (300Tdi/Td5) type axles obviuosly with the later (weaker) CV and thinner drive hub.

Thanks for that guy's - I think i might have to do some shopping at Mr Ashcroft for the better CV's then

This axle has the wider vented disc's on it , but I have no calipers on it so I will put it back to standard - any of you guys need a spare set of wide disc's ?