Wiring up MUD console

I had the preliminaries on my MUD central console wired up and fitted in but just mad some additions and changes which entailed uplugging just about everything and then plugging it back in again. I seem to have an awful tangle involving about 6 sidelight cables, a dozen earth cables, 7 or 8 purple live cables and god only knows what else.

I then got one set of switches wired up wrong and after blowing about three in line fuses realised I had swapped the feed and supply!

Does anyone have a good way of doing this to avoid the spaghetti junction nightmare when you remove it - I am minded of a sort of patch panel approach - a bank of earth connections, a bank of sidelight connections, then a bank of live connections and numbering all the leads so you just plug the bullet connector into the right hole. I could then have the wiring a bit neater since all the double and triple bullet connections would be nicely out of the way.

Am I dreaming of another planet or is there a good solution?

Thanks

Malcy

Are the side light wires & earth wires, so that the switches will glow when the lights are on. If so can you not link these wires from switch to switch to save running half a dozen wires in. The other way is to form small looms up using spiral wrap to bunch the wires together.

Are the side light wires & earth wires, so that the switches will glow when the lights are on. If so can you not link these wires from switch to switch to save running half a dozen wires in.

Thats how I have wired my carling switches, just piggy backed switch to switch and works ok

I did mine logically one at a time labelling as I went. I used modular switches from Polevolt (excellent service), the hazard switch I used the matching plug as there are so many connections. Took me a couple of weekends to sort, partly down to the rear fogs on Td5s using a passing contact and a relay, I was trying to use on/off switch.

I dread maybe having to go back to it in a couple of years when all the labels have fallen off or writing faded!! :blink: