gearbox.....which do i have

gelf

just got hold of an A reg 110 fitted with a 2.5 petrol engine so i thought it would have a LT77 gearbox.....

on the V5 it says it was originaly a V8 110..... did these dtill have a LT77 or might it be a santana??

any easy way to tell the difference?

just got hold of an A reg 110 fitted with a 2.5 petrol engine so i thought it would have a LT77 gearbox.....

on the V5 it says it was originaly a V8 110..... did these dtill have a LT77 or might it be a santana??

any easy way to tell the difference?

That age of V8 110 would have an LT95 four speed box, totally different animal with integral transfer box. Suspect your V5 is wrong or someone did a total transplant. It is also not possible to fit a 4 pot engine straight on to a V8 gearbox. Best bet is to look at Ashcrofts website which has a clear description of the different gearboxes, bet tou have an LT77. Having said all that, the A reg 110 2.5NA I used to own had a very rare short bellhousing R380 retro fitted by BAe, only one I've ever seen.

• 1 month later...

ive been given a LT95 from a range rover but was never fitted after being reconditioned, so if i used this instead of the LT77 the V8 im fitting should fit in the right position...... unlike if i used a conversion kit and kept the 77, where the engine would be set back.

Am i correct? would the 77 tunnel panel be the right one also?

Graham

That age of V8 110 would have an LT95 four speed box, totally different animal with integral transfer box. Suspect your V5 is wrong or someone did a total transplant. It is also not possible to fit a 4 pot engine straight on to a V8 gearbox. Best bet is to look at Ashcrofts website which has a clear description of the different gearboxes, bet tou have an LT77. Having said all that, the A reg 110 2.5NA I used to own had a very rare short bellhousing R380 retro fitted by BAe, only one I've ever seen.
a very rare short bellhousing R380 retro fitted

I've got one of those on my 200Tdi/R380 fitted 110 :D